Harley Davidson Forums banner

Brand New Harley Davidson Owner

2K views 30 replies 29 participants last post by  1boomu 
#1 ·
Greetings my new fellow brothers/sisters. I recently bought a 2013 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide. It's my 11th bike, but 1st Harley and I have to say after a test ride, I was hooked! I bought it at Seminole Harley in Sanford, FL and all the staff there are great folks! Anyhow, I've got about 227 miles on it and hope to get through the break-in period soon, as I'm strictly following the break-in rules. Anyhow, I'm excited to own my first Harley and hope to meet a lot of you!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome. Nice ride.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum from Houston! Nice ride!

#11 ·
Welcome from Nor-Cal........Nice ride!

#12 ·
welcome!! make sure you swap out to either spectro oil or
red line syn motorcycle gear lube.h d is haveing problems with the 6 speed
the r/l quitens them down a-lot & you only need to change it annually.
syn 3 is waaaay tooooo thin of a oil for the tranny.
also r/l also had a 20x60 motorcycle syn eng. oil. you need that wit h the high oil temps.
manual says normal oil temp is 220-240*.

#25 ·
So the first 1000 mile maintenance, do they change the transmission fluid? If so, should I get the Redline Synthetic Motorcycle gear lube? I bought the 3yr/20k mile service plan so I don't have to pay for maintenance, even if I choose synthetic. Should I request the 20X60 synthetic oil? I just want to make sure I understand you correctly. Thanks!

#14 ·
Congrats on the beautiful ride and Welcome from New Jersey...

#18 ·
Welcome from the islands. Great looking ride love the paint scheme on the classic. I searched hi an low for classic paint scheme with the abs cruise an security. Finally found it an love everything a bout it.
Good luck rubber down brother
Capt Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.