Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2013 Breakout last week and really want to put on new exhaust. I found out the hard way there are not many exhaust options. V&H has the big radius 2 into 1 but thats all I can because the bracket is differnt than the standard softail. I called MCSuperstore and they told me shortshot would fit but they do not. Does anyone know of any other options?
thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
rocker pipes on breakout
so I got them on tonight.these were for a 2010 rocker c. I had to buy o2 adaptors that screwed right in no prob.got these bassani pipes from dennis kirk for 398! the only difference was for the front stock pipe,the o2 sensor is on the bottom,i had to move the plug wire and adjust for some more slack,the port is up top by the head on these pipes...

Here ya go,this is from a post 3/28/13 try search function you can read the entire thread. Congrats on the bike

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/attachments/softail-general-discussions/52977d1364455001-rocker-pipes-breakout-035.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was told the the Short Shots (the pipes I really want) won't fit. I've seen a video on YouTube of a guy that had short shots from a Rocker on a CVO Breakout.....and another video of a guy the had Short Shots (not sure which ones) on a standard Breakout. I want to find what works and what doesn't! I can't take how quiet mine is!

·
Registered
28 Posts
V/H slash cut 3" slip ons worked for me. Part number 16835, and I found a perfect used set in chrome on eBay for $120.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,282 Posts
Has anyone researched the Rinehart Crossbacks?
1986-2013 ST Rinehart Cross Backs Flush Chrome W/ BLACK END CAPS (not X Bones) | Rinehart Racing

My bike should be here at the end of the month. I also like the Bassani's and the V&H. I cannot find any useful information to compare the HP increases or any other performance data to compare the products of the 3 vendors though. I think looks and sound the V&Hs win hands down. The Crossbacks I think would look pretty unique of the CVO.

I know the V&Hs 26065 are behind in production and the previous years models "fit" but does anyone have insight as to the difference with the 26065? It might be worth the wait if V&H decided to make one specifically for the BO and not just market ones that fit towards it.

Also, to the guys that upgraded already, how do you like the systems so far? Have you had any performance issues / gains that can be quantatively evaluated?

Updated, just got a response from Rinehart. They don't have a product for the Breakout but should in Mid-July.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think its safe to say any pipes that fit the rocker will work on the breakout.o2 adapters are 10 bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Big radius 2 into

rocker pipes on breakout
so I got them on tonight.these were for a 2010 rocker c. I had to buy o2 adaptors that screwed right in no prob.got these bassani pipes from dennis kirk for 398! the only difference was for the front stock pipe,the o2 sensor is on the bottom,i had to move the plug wire and adjust for some more slack,the port is up top by the head on these pipes...

Here ya go,this is from a post 3/28/13 try search function you can read the entire thread. Congrats on the bike

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/attachments/softail-general-discussions/52977d1364455001-rocker-pipes-breakout-035.jpg
For anyone interested . I put V & H big radius 2 into 1 ,They where from a 2012 Slim that I sold . No issues on fitting them to the breakout and the 02 sensor are the same no need to buy any adaptors. Dynaunder

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just 2 more cents. Got some Freedom Performance pipes from Dennis Kirk on closeout. Originally for a 2010 Rocker, but bolted right up and a little O2 relocate and we're home free. Had to get the adapters from 18mm to 12 mm (nightriders) and install was smooth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
D & D Exhaust

D & D Exhaust out of Ft. Worth has my 2013 Breakout and are making some pipes for it as I write this. Just saw it today and they have the header pipes mocked up on it right now. They hope to have it on the dyno next week to test the new system. Will keep you guys posted. Have a blessed day.

·
Super Moderator
4,282 Posts
Thanks. Was waiting for some Rinehart crossovers but they are stingy with any progress reports. Nice to see some options popping up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does it matter what year rocker to get there pipes to fit on the breakout does anyone know? And i also heard they will go on but dont really line up that great?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just got my Breakout Saturday.... Going in the Shop Monday night and Tuesday they will be installing the V/H Big Radius 2 into 2 exhaust with a download and SE Heavy Breather.... I can't wait!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got my Breakout Saturday.... Going in the Shop Monday night and Tuesday they will be installing the V/H Big Radius 2 into 2 exhaust with a download and SE Heavy Breather.... I can't wait!
I hope the download is free, because in all honesty, it's almost a waste of time. The only thing you'll actually get that's decent is the stage one rpm's are jacked up to 6200 (I believe that's the #). As far as decel popping and whatnot, that's still going to be there. I ended up getting a PC-V from Fuelmoto and it took most of the decel and shift popping out. Plus when I get new cams for it, They can provide the map for that as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hope so too.... they assured me it will be done correctly. Of course, they will dial in a bit rich until the 1000 interval... tune up and then dyno it for dial-in. I just hope it all goes smoothly.

Download is NOT free, but required for the SE Heavy Breather and Pipes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts