Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2013 Harley Breakout from my local dealer, I love the bike, but the wife says it's a pain in the butt, due to the lack of comfort of the passenger seat. I have done a bunch of research on passenger seats, and currently looking into the sundowner. I am not so concerned with my drivers seat, but my question is, if I purchase a sundowner passenger seat for the wife, is it Manditory to replace the driver seat, or will it fit as I am hoping it will. I'm sorry if this question has been answered in the past, but I have been unable to find much information on the passenger seat itself. Thanks guys

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2013 Harley Breakout from my local dealer, I love the bike, but the wife says it's a pain in the butt, due to the lack of comfort of the passenger seat. I have done a bunch of research on passenger seats, and currently looking into the sundowner. I am not so concerned with my drivers seat, but my question is, if I purchase a sundowner passenger seat for the wife, is it Manditory to replace the driver seat, or will it fit as I am hoping it will. I'm sorry if this question has been answered in the past, but I have been unable to find much information on the passenger seat itself. Thanks guys
I may be wrong, but I think all softails except the heritage have one piece seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea after looking through all the posts and stuff about breakouts , it seems the general suggestion is to get the sundowner. I mean as long as it's softer than the rock hard pax seat it comes with, I think any will do. Lol
I guess whatever looks good and Comfy for her! I'm just gunna tell the lady I forgot to secure the seat and it flew off. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have the Sundowner back seat. You do not have to replace the front seat. It will fit right on. There will however be a slight gap between the seats which is not really bad. I can post a pic once the sun comes up. I still have my stock seat on the front. Mine is also a 2013 BO.

·
Unsafe At Any Speed
128 Posts
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2013 Harley Breakout from my local dealer, I love the bike, but the wife says it's a pain in the butt, due to the lack of comfort of the passenger seat.
One thing with the Breakout & Sundowner passenger seat - if you buy the HD sissy bar & pad, the pad actually over hangs the rear seat, pushing the passenger into the driver. IMO, the bar pad is a bit too thick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One thing with the Breakout & Sundowner passenger seat - if you buy the HD sissy bar & pad, the pad actually over hangs the rear seat, pushing the passenger into the driver. IMO, the bar pad is a bit too thick.
I'm guessing the best way to overcome this is to have a custom made sissy bar with thinner backrest. I bet that wouldn't be too bad and would like halfway decent.
I'm gunna Do a ride from Boise Idaho to central California In a couple months and Ima try to accomplish all this stuff with the passenger comfort improvement for the lady.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Myself and some friends were eye balling a Vivid Black BO at our local HD dealer yesterday. Each one of us would sit on it and make our suggestions on different bars, seats, gripes etc, etc. Even the hot looking sales gal got involved :). No one bought it but we had some fun.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts