Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this about a month now. And with help of reading through numerous posts on here about ape hangers and the proper parts needed. I was able to accomplish my bar changing task. Couldn't be happier. Well yea I could.. It's only a start !!

I've seen old threads about highway bars / pegs possible for the BO. Has anyone figured out what actually really fits for the bike??? Most bars I see online say they don't fit. But u can't see why.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,206 Posts
It doesn't look like you have ABS so the standard HD crash bar will fit. I have to look at my part number. Also Lindby (spelling could be off) make at least one that would fit. I am only 5'8 so I haven't got the highway pegs yet since it is a stretch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! yea I do have abs. the module is right there in between the downtubes under the horn. im almost thinking the only reason they would say most things will not fit is because the brake and the clutch lines are clamped on the tubes. which if it is the case, ill just unclamp. lol
I just don't wanna buy anything and be screwed in waiting weeks for stuff. ya know?

·
Super Moderator
5,206 Posts
My ABS Module is under the headlight assy. The ABS mounts to the same place that the crash bar does and I don't think the crash bar can fit flush along with the ABS. I was able to fit the crash bar and the oil cooler but I don't think it would have worked with the ABS module there.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My ABS Module is under the headlight assy. The ABS mounts to the same place that the crash bar does and I don't think the crash bar can fit flush along with the ABS. I was able to fit the crash bar and the oil cooler but I don't think it would have worked with the ABS module there.

Ok so it looks like the abs wouldn't be an issue really .. I think it's just the horn bracket maybe. But still not a big deal. I'm just wondering if there is any other reason. Like I'm sure the Frame is same diameter. 1.25" I think. But the only bars I've seen on the bike are the bigger ones and I'm afraid they'll scrape the ground when I lean into turns.. So it's all a toss up. Lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,206 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts