Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a bump a week ago and heard a weird flopping sound, reached back and the whole saddle bag was loose. Pulled over to look at it and eek!
Broke the tab on the left rear down bracket that holds the saddlebag and muffler AND the tab on the rear bumper bracket.
I fixed it with a strap and a bigass tye wrap for now and have to get new parts. I don't know that I really need the bumper bracket anymore but the vertical piece that bolts to the frame is a Hundred Dollars. Any sollutions to a cheaper repair.
I heard it's a common break point.
05 Electraglide Ultra.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
Post a pn or pic of what you need... There is a place close to me that sells used parts.
I scored the front bag guards that eliminate the holes for bag rails for 50 bucks they were like brand new.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,976 Posts
Know anyone that can tig weld? You can get some 1/16" tig wire and have it welded up. I did that on the chain guard and fender of my sporty at common wear point where they had broken. Grind it back smooth with a tiger disc. Just be careful, if you're not used to a tiger disc, they can move a lot more metal than you think.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Mine was broken like that when I first got my bike. My buddy welded it and it is still holding. That's been three years ago. Cost me nothing but a smile and a "thank you."

--

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine was broken like that when I first got my bike. My buddy welded it and it is still holding. That's been three years ago. Cost me nothing but a smile and a "thank you."

--
X2 ... weld it up ...just finished tigging up my exhaust ... it will hold up for a long time ...

pictures please ... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry. I see the link doesn't work. A guy in Pa. made them in his machine shop from 304 stainless. I will see if I can locate them and post later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts