Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother-in-law was in a bike accident today. We don't have all the details except that he is in the hospital with broken bones in his arms and legs.

He is a Motorcycle Police Officer in a rural community in Llano (cattle country) area in Venezuela. My wife was just there two weeks ago and gave him my old Fulmer helmet. If you look back on the my pics you will see the grey one on my bike. He says that it saved his life. Most of the impact was to his head. His bike is totaled, but he will heal.

More details to come. Most of the cop bikes are around the 650cc enduro type bikes.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,344 Posts
Llano sees a lot of motorcycles. Sorry to hear about the accident. Prayers for you BIL's fast recovery.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Glad it's not worse. Broken arms and legs is bad enough. I wish the best to all concerned and a full and speedy recovery to your BIL.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Hopeful for a fast recovery.

·
Try'n to behave
5,844 Posts
That suxs! Hope he comes out OK.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just posting a quick update on my brother in law.

As it turns out, no broken bones. Really messed up helmet and very sore. He is still claiming the helmet made the difference. I'm waiting on pics, and will post when I get them.

Going to call Fulmer to get him another sent directly to him.

Oh yeah, bike is toast.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Just posting a quick update on my brother in law.

As it turns out, no broken bones. Really messed up helmet and very sore. He is still claiming the helmet made the difference. I'm waiting on pics, and will post when I get them.

Going to call Fulmer to get him another sent directly to him.

Oh yeah, bike is toast.
Good news. Claiming the helmet made a difference?? LOL..it more than likely saved his life. Guess you don't wear one??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do wear a helmet. Can't tell you that I have been perfect at it, but he was using my old wore out helmet my wife brought to him a few weeks ago. Just replaced my wore out Shoei with another Shoei on Friday. I wear them out, but I am a daily rider. Apparently, the old Fulmer had more life left to give. That's one of the main reasons I am having him a new one sent at my expense.

·
Registered
38,859 Posts
Wow, sometimes things work out the way they do for a reason.

·
Try'n to behave
5,844 Posts
Good to hear that He'll be OK.

·
Doc
425 Posts
Cheers. I hate helmets and I wear one every day I'm on two wheels. It's an acceptable trade off for me and I'm glad it worked for him. Prayers and give thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts