Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Employed
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this stuff and I am very pleased with it. My bike seems to stay clean longer due to using bugslide. I applied it several times the first week or two but I don't apply it near as often now. Finally got a good coat on the bike. I've tried Meguiars detailer and several other cleaning/detailing products but I prefer this one. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it. Just my opinion, your results/opinion may vary/differ...

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,070 Posts
I had been using Bug Slide during the 2 seasons we get each year with those effbugs, and it is great just for that. A couple of weeks ago, we rode over to Alabama, and when parked, the bike next to mine literally glowed. All he uses is Bug Slide. So I got home and gave the scooter a good bath and then Bug Slide. Really makes a difference.

·
old scoot coot
2,906 Posts
I bought this stuff and I am very pleased with it. My bike seems to stay clean longer due to using bugslide. I applied it several times the first week or two but I don't apply it near as often now. Finally got a good coat on the bike. I've tried Meguiars detailer and several other cleaning/detailing products but I prefer this one. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it. Just my opinion, your results/opinion may vary/differ...
do you use it to remove bugs or after?

·
old scoot coot
2,906 Posts
Both. I applied it after a wash job several times and I have used it after being covered in bugs. I carried it with me to California and kept the bike looking fresh with Bugslide.
thanks beam. every one i have talked to likes it. i just didn;t think to ask how to use it. i've been using detailer. i will get some and give it a try.:grin

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
There you go again, helping us spend our money on stuff we didn't even know we needed.

Got me for a bottle.
Hey its a HD Brian. Be happy you got away with under $100. :wink

·
Registered
642 Posts
We get tons of "Love Bugs" down here and if you leave them on for long they etch the paint. Bugslide and microfiber cloth are always in my bike in the summer. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So you using this stuff all over the bike?
I’ve used it for years on the windshield and maybe a quick clean of fairing, but never all over the whole bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
So you using this stuff all over the bike?
I’ve used it for years on the windshield and maybe a quick clean of fairing, but never all over the whole bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently started using it and it says it's safe for all surfaces. I pretty much used it on the entire bike and works well, very easy on and off as long as you use two clothes one applying and one for buffing off.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Rode 67 miles today looking for Bugslide, did not find it, NO COMPLAINTS. Tomorrows another day, will persevere. I hit all the spots I thought might have had it. For the most part venders said they never heard of it. Find that hard to believe, because I've known of it.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts