Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Trashy Member
4,478 Posts
I used to sell Wizards products in the auto paint store I managed. Great stuff. A little side story, about 10 years ago at Back to The 50's car show right after O'Rielly bought out Bumper to Bumper the big wigs never heard of Wizards as it was mostly Minnesota that carried it so they decided to clear out all the product at $1 a bottle. I bought a bunch and was going to go back and buy a whole bunch more. The Wizards rep was there and bought it all back himself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to sell Wizards products in the auto paint store I managed. Great stuff. A little side story, about 10 years ago at Back to The 50's car show right after O'Rielly bought out Bumper to Bumper the big wigs never heard of Wizards as it was mostly Minnesota that carried it so they decided to clear out all the product at $1 a bottle. I bought a bunch and was going to go back and buy a whole bunch more. The Wizards rep was there and bought it all back himself.

You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
16 oz is only $20...worth a try...How much did you spend on that cheap azz cup holder???!!! :rofl: :rofl:
I spent a hell of a lot less on the cup holder than you did on the ..............:kiss

:angel

·
Retired citizen
22,273 Posts
I use the stuff on my car too ! I gotta park next to a big Ash tree in my backyard and the local birds park in that Ash tree so the birds use my car as a target when they defecate ! The Bugslide doesn't prevent the birds from defecating but it makes it so much easier removing the defecate afterwards ! Now I just need to find a product that'll keep the birds from defecating. (without cutting the tree down).

·
Road Junkie
1,852 Posts
I use the stuff on my car too ! I gotta park next to a big Ash tree in my backyard and the local birds park in that Ash tree so the birds use my car as a target when they defecate ! The Bugslide doesn't prevent the birds from defecating but it makes it so much easier removing the defecate afterwards ! Now I just need to find a product that'll keep the birds from defecating. (without cutting the tree down).
I think the product you are seeking is called a pellet gun.

·
Retired citizen
22,273 Posts
My problem is that I also have bird feeders out in the backyard close to the Ash tree ! So I'm guessing that maybe I'm part of the problem ! I like the birdies, I just don't like the defecate part of it !

·
Road Junkie
1,852 Posts
My problem is that I also have bird feeders out in the backyard close to the Ash tree ! So I'm guessing that maybe I'm part of the problem ! I like the birdies, I just don't like the defecate part of it !
Well, if you can get the birds to drink the Bugslide, you'll have two problems solved!

·
Frozen Member
2,314 Posts
Funny you bring up DAWN. Been using it on my boats for years, cuts bilge grease better than any product, and every time there is an oil disaster (EXON VALDEZ) Dawn is the major fix. Talking, saving wildlife here.
Just dont get caught using Dawn directly on the water from your boat, its illegal believe it or not. I mean like spraying it on fuel or oil you've spilled from your boat in particular but its also illegal to use it as a bilge cleaner if your boat is in the water. You can use it to wash your dishes and dump your grey water though.

Dawn is just a detergent. Those have a specific gravity of 1+ and work by encapsulating oil molecules, which have a SG of less than one & is why oils float. The detergent encapsulated oil molecule then sinks to the bottom, which makes it impossible to evaporate or recover and is the worst place it can be for the fishies as thats the quickest route into the food chain.

They used "dispersants" (detergent) on the Deepwater Horizon spill. It took a special federal permit and is now regarded as a huge mistake because in some areas there is now a layer of crude on the bottom several feet thick that is considered unrecoverable.

They didnt officially use dispersants on the Exxon Valdez spill itself but sunk a lot of crude by using them on cleaning boats and equipment. You can still find balls of crude on the beaches there today.

·
old scoot coot
2,891 Posts
an owl decoy will keep them from roosting in the tree at night for about three weeks. then must be moved every three weeks. bird movement during daylight hours is unaffected.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Down here in the Phoenix valley we don't get much bug splatter but I wish they make "DUST Slide "

:devil. I'd like to try it next time.

Right now i have a gal of Quick Detailer to use up 1st :thumb

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
I have to add a use for this. I use it on the interior windows in my truck. I works better than any window cleaner I've tried with 0 ZREO streaking.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
I figured someone from Kentucky would think of using it rather than astro glide.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts