Harley Davidson Forums banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,288 Posts
Sorry Joe couldn't let that wide open door not be used.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,052 Posts
As long as the label does not say "Not to be used internally" it might be a good personal lubricant. I mean, it seems to be so wonderful for so many other things.... :smile

So that’s why there was so many bottles of it at the Collision.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
an owl decoy will keep them from roosting in the tree at night for about three weeks. then must be moved every three weeks. bird movement during daylight hours is unaffected.
I don't know about those things buddy...... This is the decoy owl that I put on top of my building and I can only imagine that the pigeon that shit on this guy was laughing his ass off the whole time, lol! Guess I didn't move it often enough, huh?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Pete, I'm well aware, no grey water discharge. I'm using DAWN on land, pull the boat, clean bilge. Recently, maybe five years now, the EPA sent all the Marinas a Bulletin that boats must be contained in a concrete bathtub with catch basin to capture even scraped bottom paint and everything coming out of bilge, to be recycled. Don't even get caught peeing over the side!

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Don't even get caught peeing over the side!
Whoa!! That has to be violating my Constitutional rights as a man. :grin

·
American
26,148 Posts
Sounds like Bugslide is a new improved version of Avon's skin so soft! :laugh

·
old scoot coot
3,061 Posts
I don't know about those things buddy...... This is the decoy owl that I put on top of my building and I can only imagine that the pigeon that shit on this guy was laughing his ass off the whole time, lol! Guess I didn't move it often enough, huh?
ha! pigeons are the cyotes of the third demention. crafty little bastuds. after the apocalypse there will still be an abundance of pigeons, cyotes and cockroaches. you can't even nuke em.:grin

·
Road Junkie
1,863 Posts
I’ve only tried a small sample, but like what Bugslide has to offer. That said, the cost of the gallon jug makes me ponder the possibilities of the more longer lasting ceramic coat or hard coat solutions such as Polish Angel Cosmic, etc. I’m new to detailing in lieu of a wash, but willing to learn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have yet to read through this entire post, but how does Bugslide work on denim finishes?

·
old scoot coot
3,061 Posts
I’ve only tried a small sample, but like what Bugslide has to offer. That said, the cost of the gallon jug makes me ponder the possibilities of the more longer lasting ceramic coat or hard coat solutions such as Polish Angel Cosmic, etc. I’m new to detailing in lieu of a wash, but willing to learn.
have any of you guys ever used liquid galss? asked a guy one time what wax he used because his bike was really nice, had that wet look. i asked if he had just waxed it and he said yea about a year ago with liquid glass. i havn't looked on line but i can't find it locally.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
have any of you guys ever used liquid galss? asked a guy one time what wax he used because his bike was really nice, had that wet look. i asked if he had just waxed it and he said yea about a year ago with liquid glass. i havn't looked on line but i can't find it locally.
Tommy, this stuff here?

Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish

Not totally sure if you HAVE to use the their "Pre-Cleaner" first, but it sounds interesting........

·
old scoot coot
3,061 Posts
Tommy, this stuff here?

Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish

t totally sure if you HAVE to use the their "Pre-Cleaner" first, but it sounds interesting........
thanks moto, that is it. i have friend whos bike always looks like he just waxed it. i asked him what wax he used and he said none he used liquid glass about two years ago. i'm going to order some. ill let you know how it worked.:grin

·
American
26,148 Posts
Now I’ll have to let them get to know each other.... don’t wanna be wiping her down with something she’s not comfortable with.....

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
I purchased a bottle of Bugslide about a week or so ago. I used it to get the bike looking good.

Yesterday I did a short 75-mile ride. Almost immediately I encountered a nice fat juicy bug that was suicidal; it was splutted on my windshield and proceeded to bake there for the next hour and a half or so.

After I got home, I sprayed the affected area with some BugSlide, and all the bugs wiped right off.

good stuff

Exco

·
avoider of idiots
6,581 Posts
I purchased a bottle of Bugslide about a week or so ago. I used it to get the bike looking good.

Yesterday I did a short 75-mile ride. Almost immediately I encountered a nice fat juicy bug that was suicidal; it was splutted on my windshield and proceeded to bake there for the next hour and a half or so.

After I got home, I sprayed the affected area with some BugSlide, and all the bugs wiped right off.

good stuff

Exco
they say bugslide is excellent for windshields. i still use novus polish on mine. ive used it for years, and buy it in half gallon also. i guess its true what they say about old habits! years ago, i had a problem with delamination on a memphis shades windshield. when i called them, they asked what i used to clean the shield. i told them novus polish. they told me that even though they have their own brand of cleaner, they recommend novus. they sent me a new windshield, no further questions. they even told me not to go to the trouble of sending the old one back. the first bottle of novus i bought was in a HD shop. the service manager told me its what he cleans all the windshields with. so, ive now got my 2 go-to detailers.....bugslide and novus.
dave

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 92 Posts