Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was debating on how it would look with it removed. I really did not like the look with it on. I am pretty happy with the look, and best of all it did not cost $100 from the Stealership. 20 mins. well spent.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
That's a sharp looking scooter................

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a sharp looking scooter................
Thanks Dave, I can't take credit for keeping it clean. The old lady takes scooter cleaning very serious.. I guess I am lucky in that respect. :thumb

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
What about the rear one???

Is that a mongster in the background eating little school kids?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the rear one???
That is gonna be next, but the rear bumper is also a support bracket for the bags. So I have to get a bracket first.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
That is gonna be next, but the rear bumper is also a support bracket for the bags. So I have to get a bracket first.
You might consider a trailer hitch/trailer in your optionals to carry all your duece gear when you consider bumperations.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Bike looks great but sure would not want to hit anything without the safety of that front bumper.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might consider a trailer hitch/trailer in your optionals to carry all your duece gear when you consider bumperations.
VERY GOOD POINT ! I am glad you chimed in as I was going to order a bracket today. Do you have to have the bumper for a hitch ? I ask as this is my first bagger. Stepped off a lowrider on to this one 6 months ago.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
VERY GOOD POINT ! I am glad you chimed in as I was going to order a bracket today. Do you have to have the bumper for a hitch ? I ask as this is my first bagger. Stepped off a lowrider on to this one 6 months ago.
Ive just been looking too. for a couple years actually. no the bumper offers no support for a hitch. There are several hitches out now some can be hidden when not in use and some just hang out there.
Kinda depends on what your willing to pay for it. I think the bumper might come in to play cosmetically when you get the hidin hitches.
Really you gotta do some looking cause a couple months can make a big difference in what's available or even new products.
Just mentioned it as I hate to go all out in one direction and later want to go some other way and kinda end up in a bind.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Bike looks great but sure would not want to hit anything without the safety of that front bumper.
I got bumped at a red light, yes it was actually red, friggen idiot.

Bent fender, cracked bumper housing, saddlebag guard and rails.
That bumper wont help much.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
JUST WONDERING, BUT I THOUGHT TOWING A TRAILER WHILE UNDER WARRENTY WAS A NO NO ???:confused:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got bumped at a red light, yes it was actually red, friggen idiot.

Bent fender, cracked bumper housing, saddlebag guard and rails.
That bumper wont help much.
Exactly - I don't really ike the looks of it either - but I'm leaving it on for the above reasons -

·
Registered
48 Posts
how about a better pic of bumper removed from front
thanks gabe

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
JUST WONDERING, BUT I THOUGHT TOWING A TRAILER WHILE UNDER WARRENTY WAS A NO NO ???:confused:
Probably not, but having a side car was out of waruntee too. Until they started selling side cars.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how about a better pic of bumper removed from front
thanks gabe
I assume you mean before it removed ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
after it was removed pretty bike with it on though

·