Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah...I know...strange thread title, but.....

If you haven't checked out www.buttbuffer.com, it's definitely worth a look! I came across these gel pads a couple of years ago at the bike show in Toronto. The company had a mock-up of a bike seat with a pad on it. The rep invited me to sit down and when I got off the seat, he asked me what I thought. Well..it felt like a pad on a seat...until he lifted the pad off. Underneath the pad there were nuts, bolts and brackets pointed straight up. I never felt a thing. That sold me. That winter, I delivered the seat to the company. The peeled back the leather, carved out the foam from the seat, put the butt buffer pad in and then stitched the leather back in place. I've never looked back. I have a H-D pillow top seat with a butt buffer pad in it and it's like sitting in an easy chair. I had pads put in for both the driver and the passenger seat. It's like sitting in my easy chair at home...and I no longer have to listen to the old lady bitch her favourite lament, which is, "a woman's ass is round, not oblong." ...*grin*. Sure makes for some comfy times on those long road trips. Anyway, if you suffer from "saddle sores" or "numb butt", check these out. Hehehe...and just as a disclaimer, I have no affiliation with the company at all...I'm a military guy that stumbled across a great product and thought I'd share it with you.

Ride safe!

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
I have the same arrangement in my seat - almost all the foam is chopped out and replaced with two gel pads. I think mine came from Travelcade. These are just raw gel, without any covering. Got them from my HD dealer. Not cheap at about $75 each, but it works great.

I have to have a new seat built, and will go the same way again.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I'll never have a gel seat again. I had one on my Triumph and when I left the bike in the sun for more than an hour the gel heated up and cooked my nuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts