Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mentioned in another thread about a Harley I'm interested in:
a 2007 Harley FXD with 25,000 miles and in good condition with long shot slip ons and a few other chrome modifications asking price
$9,250 Canadian funds. Another bike popped up: a 1998 Harley FXR all stock blue color with 9,500 original miles asking price $8,500 Canadian funds. I like the 2007 Superglide, but I kinda also like the FXR cause of the Evolution motor. What would be the better bike? Thank you for your replies.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I mentioned in another thread about a Harley I'm interested in:
a 2007 Harley FXD with 25,000 miles and in good condition with long shot slip ons and a few other chrome modifications asking price
$9,250 Canadian funds. Another bike popped up: a 1998 Harley FXR all stock blue color with 9,500 original miles asking price $8,500 Canadian funds. I like the 2007 Superglide, but I kinda also like the FXR cause of the Evolution motor. What would be the better biker? Thank you for your replies.
I don't know squat about either of these bikes, but I can use some 'lawgic' to figur' this one out.

The bike that is almost 10 years newer, and only 750 dollars more is my bet.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
The 96" Twin Cam is a better buy. I have an Evo and love it. I want an FXR, but I would buy a like priced newer Twin Cam any day. And just fyi, the "Special Re-release" FXR's don't seem to be holding much extra value.

·
2008 FXD
156 Posts
07 fxd

The 07 FXD is defiantly the better bike. I sure love my 08 FXD.. Looks good and runs strong and handles the curves great..

·
Super Moderator
12,736 Posts
I currently have a '97 EVO FLHT and '05 FXD. I think you will love the '07. I am one heck of an EVO snob, but for the price difference, I am not sure why you would even blink here.

·
Riding With Respect
225 Posts
That FXR isn't a '98.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts