Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think I may have figured out where to put my questions...

I currently ride a '06 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight and have decided to buy a '09 Road King Classic.

**Does anyone have an '09 RK and if so, could you give me some input on it?

**How do you like the rear cylinder cut-out?

**Do you have ABS? If so, how much different/better is it than a non-ABS bike? How do you like it?

**It'd be great if someone has had experience on a Strat AND a King, so that you could share those differences with me...(if not, I'll be the one to give that review after I get my King).

**How much did you give for your bike?

**What's this "security system" all about and is it worth the extra $$$ compared to buying an aftermarket system?

**Have you had any problems or do you have any complaints about the bike?

**How comfortable is the ride over long distances?

**Whay is your height and weight?

I hope someone out there can tackle some of these questions for me and I hope that I'm putting this in the right place.

JD

·
Registered
259 Posts
My RKC is an 08. I love the ABS. I'm around 5 foot 9, 160 lbs. I find the RKC ride to be very comfortable. Hope this is helpful.:USA:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 08 With abs i like it .. Rear cylinder cut out works if you need it ...the Security system on mine is just a key fob if you are over 2 feet away it wont even crank unless you enter the bypass code..

it is comfortable .. seat could be more comfortable for the really long trips..

Im 6'0 about 325 now 2 up the stock shocks start to give up though..

Heat and the shortness of the bars for me is my only complaints i all ready fixed the bars and the heat problem .

·
Johnny Dangerously
36 Posts
5'8" 185lbs (give or take)

I have an '09 Road King Classic - like Bud I changed out the handlebars because the stock ones are just too dang short!

I also replaced the stock seat with the RKC Sundower bucket seat and added a passenger backrest. My wife gives it glowing reports. It has one of the widest passenger pillions Harley has to offer (I think you gain about 6" of width with the Sundowner).

The ABS is the bomb - WELL worth the extra. I've only put about 2500 mi. on mine and have already been in two situations where the ABS helped me out (stopping on sand & gravel).

Never been on a Strat, but the RK is a sweet ride. Very smooth on the highway (and I live in Oklahoma, so with our roads that's saying a lot...). The saddle bags on the Classic are a breeze to take on and off as is the windshield.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's Mine All Mine!!! Sealed The Deal Last Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Enjoy the new ride

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations! What color? What options? Any customization plans?:thumb:USA:
Black
ABS
Security
No plans for customization.....yet

Sorry the picture is so big...I don't know how to reduce it.

JD

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Very nice! With all the improvements over the years, you have yourself a great machine.

·
Registered
40,782 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice ride, I have an '08, just like yours but without the ABS (wish I would have gotten it after last night's close call, locked up the rear...but kept it locked until i stopped) or security. However, I'm going to add security I think. That is a great ride!!!

Congratulations!

Here's mine - I bought it 8/1/2008 from Thunder Mountain HD in Loveland, CO

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts