Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Canada. There are a couple of Dynas I like which I saw on Chopper Exchange in the USA. The time I convert US funds to Canadian funds, have it transported to Canada, and have the duty paid it will cost me roughly $9300, which would be about the same price for the Dyna that I want in Canada. The Dyna that I saw on Chopper Exchange had the right colour and many other things which I really liked. I've never seen one as perfect me where I live, that's for sure. Would it be a mistake buying from out of country? What about the warranty out of country? Should I just wait for the right Dyna to come along where I live? Thank you for your comments and answers.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I would think you should be able to find something local. To me it would be a PIA to do all the paperwork to buy one state side. As far as warranty goes would you be able to even get one on a 20 year old bike?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I have read many stories of the multitude of hoops you have to jump through to satisfy the Canadian Motor vehicle rules. Speedo must be changed to kilometers (stickers no longer allowed), maybe the front running lights disabled (?). I don't remember the details, just that it would be easier to find the right bike already in Canada.

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
You need to have a out of country inspection done. You can't just have it done anywhere it has to be done at Candian tire. Then you need a out of province inspection done, this can be by anyone that is registered to do so. The inspections are checking to make sure everything meets the Canadian specs for motor vehicles.
You don't need to change your speedo. Exhaust will have to meet you area bylaws.
Just go to your provincial web site and look up the requirements for bringing in an out of country vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts