1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
445 Posts
That should hit home, it made me react to it. But it more than likely will be forgotten shortly afterward. Mobile usage is an addiction, I am beginning to think it's like alcohol or cigarettes. if you really want to change your behavior you will need help.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I agree Trout.
I still think we need to force mobile phones to shut off if the vehicle is moving.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Very cool. But, as we all know, its all about the me first attitude that most people behind the wheel have, and they don't give a chit....... until something bad happens to them or a loved one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually I am amazed that the government has not mandated that both cell phone call ability and texting be turned off while in a vehicle. It would be very easy to do, all that would be required is a software changes that recognizes when a phone is moving at a speed in excess of 10 miles per hour (thru its GPs function) and then deactivate the call or text features.

·
Wayward Son
23,318 Posts
Very cool. But, as we all know, its all about the me first attitude that most people behind the wheel have, and they don't give a chit....... until something bad happens to them or a loved one.
^^This^^

·
Former Lurker
2,925 Posts
I liked that.
Be better than watcing 6 commercials and 18 previews before your 14.00 dollar movie.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
yup that should be on every tv here in the states. mandatory every station play it every couple hrs . every day i see this crap. young ,old and in between are all doing it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
WOW ! they should show that at all schools and on Tv

Maybe it would help ........................
big john, I teach Dr. Ed. at the school I teach at. Showing this to kids would not help at all. I show a video the last day of class that talks about texting and driving. You can hear a pin drop in the room when they are watching it, but they forget, 2 seconds after they leave the room. The only thing that is ever going to stop this is having the phones shut off when the car is moving. Period.

Just the summer of 2013 I had a student in Dr. Ed. He died from texting and driving this past May. Very good kid. Actually the son of a teacher that I teach with. From what I hear from the family and friends, he never drove without his seatbelt on and didn't text and drive (well not much maybe). That night, he had no seat belt and was texting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The scariest things these days is riding on an undivided road. I keep envisioning some kid texting and veering into the other lane. I know several people who have given up their bikes for just that reason. I ride on the extreme right side of the lane these days and I'm always looking at oncoming traffic.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
big john, I teach Dr. Ed. at the school I teach at. Showing this to kids would not help at all. I show a video the last day of class that talks about texting and driving. You can hear a pin drop in the room when they are watching it, but they forget, 2 seconds after they leave the room. The only thing that is ever going to stop this is having the phones shut off when the car is moving. Period.

Just the summer of 2013 I had a student in Dr. Ed. He died from texting and driving this past May. Very good kid. Actually the son of a teacher that I teach with. From what I hear from the family and friends, he never drove without his seatbelt on and didn't text and drive (well not much maybe). That night, he had no seat belt and was texting.
I have heard them argue over and over how they can do this safely and how they DO IT safely all of the time, and if you suggest that they should have the system disabled while the car is in motion, you hear some awful speeches about violating their rights of Free Speech and rights of privacy and all sorts of crap about which they know nothing, but they think they sound convincing. The nice lady in the SUV that nearly killed me had her head buried in a cell phone that morning, so you can bet I want to shoot anyone I see doing it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If every idiot cager with a cell phone was required to watch tis every day before they drove, we'd have a lot fewer of us limping around or looking at the bottomside of the grass.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHixeIr_6BM?rel=0&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3
I would like to think your right but I just dont see it..............Most people could really give two chits less about their fellow man. More concerned with themselves than anyone or anything else.

I think the clip is ingenious but doubt it'll do much good.............Maybe I am just a sour puss cynic though.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Yeah last summer a friend of mine was hit from behind while sitting at a red light. Now, this man (honestly y'all) weighs OVER 400 POUNDS. He was sitting on a turquoise colored Road King, very customized bike, you simply Can Not help but see it. So we are talkin' about 1400 pounds combined weight sitting at a red light. BROAD DAYLIGHT, SUNNY DAY, CLEAR SKIES. The lady that hit him claimed she didn't see him....Did Not See Him.

Cops yanked her cell phone. Sure enough, she was right in the middle of a text. My friend was badly injured, and you can imagine a 65 year old man that is that big, when stuff breaks it breaks bad...He'll never be able to ride again, and he absolutely LOVED riding. Her text cost him that--forever.

I ain't tryin' to make excuses for my friend, but he's just a lonely old man now that is absolutely drinking himself to death. The one passion for life he had was taken by that bitch in that jeep.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts