Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Jim and I'm currently overseas in Afghanistan. I'm planning on buying a Harley while I'm over here and was set on the Fatboy until recently I started thinking about the Heritage. I was going to put bags and all that on the Fatboy so I thought to just spend the extra and get the Heritage. The questions I have though are: 1) the handlebars on the Heritage look a little high in the pics, I'm 5'10" and 170lbs so wondering if this will be a problem. 2) I've been riding a 1971 Honda CB450 and this is a pretty big jump for me. I know I have to take it easy until I get used to it but I'm wondering if the weight of the Heritage will be an issue. Thanks for any help you can give,

Jim

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
james... I think you will be fine. Rode a Heritage for five years and really liked the higher bars. It kinda enhanced the in-the-bike experience. As you note, in many respects, the Heritage is like the Fatboy, but with the bags and detachable shield. Given the Heritage keeps its weight low, also with a low seat height, don't believe the weight will be an issue. Over the weekend saw a woman who must have been 110lbs max, handling a Road King like a dirt bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts