Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason, I've been at a loss for words. I'm planning to roll southwest, camp, watch my grandson in a karate tournament. I booked a hotel and a campground, if the temp keeps dropping at night, its gonna be a hotel. Anyway, on the phone with the daughter, explaining to her that I need to know when he gets in to book the campground. Her question "What are you going to do at a campground?" Best I could come up with was "here's your sign.."
The OL says "What if it rains" my best "guess I'm riding in the rain"

I know this crew, you guys got better material, please bring it, looks like I'm gonna need it.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Well if it rains, put a bar of soap on your head and that way you wont need a shower when you stop at the camp ground. Then once you get there you can enter the bike in a mud bog competition.... and then all you wrt muddy guys can huddle up around a camp fire and sing kum by yah..... roast some smores and act like a bunch of boy scouts....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
447 Posts
My pal Lindsey was looking at my FaceBook posts from a ride through Nevada,

"You're sleeping in a TENT ???"

"Yeah . . . "

"Why don't you spring for a motel room?"

"I can't see paying for a motel when it's just me, riding by myself."

"If you'd spring for a motel, you wouldn't be riding alone!"

:D -- She's got a point!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
good one zero

·
Banned
447 Posts
Xero. Sometimes you have to tent it for the benefit of riding alone????
I'm really, really set up to live in the tent. Queen size air mattress 8.5" thick that fills the entire floor of the tent, so I don't roll off at night. It inflates off the ciggie butt lighter socket on the bike. I've pitched the tent in the dark, with my eyes closed. I get free campsites in state and national parks -- as a Disabled Veteran. That means flush toilets and showers.

-- and then I eat in restaurants. (Mostly fast-food w/ WiFi, but I often hit one of the supermarket deli stands.)

Besides which, in a tent I'm able to keep an eye on the bike. Can't do that in most cases from a motel room.

:bikerguy:

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really, really set up to live in the tent. Queen size air mattress 8.5" thick that fills the entire floor of the tent, so I don't roll off at night. It inflates off the ciggie butt lighter socket on the bike. I've pitched the tent in the dark, with my eyes closed. I get free campsites in state and national parks -- as a Disabled Veteran. That means flush toilets and showers.

-- and then I eat in restaurants. (Mostly fast-food w/ WiFi, but I often hit one of the supermarket deli stands.)

Besides which, in a tent I'm able to keep an eye on the bike. Can't do that in most cases from a motel room.

:bikerguy:

I don't think this go around is gonna be a tent, but my preference is tent, for the simple reason of keeping an eye on the bike. I got one of those air mattresses that inflate with an internal pump... takes about 1 beer and half a cigar in time. Temps are going down way past my comfort zone, gonna do the hotel thing, a hot shower after riding in the rain seems like a better plan.

·
DILLIGAF
691 Posts
My pal Lindsey was looking at my FaceBook posts from a ride through Nevada,

"You're sleeping in a TENT ???"

"Yeah . . . "

"Why don't you spring for a motel room?"

"I can't see paying for a motel when it's just me, riding by myself."

"If you'd spring for a motel, you wouldn't be riding alone!"

:D -- She's got a point!

Thats funny!!

·
DILLIGAF
691 Posts
I don't think this go around is gonna be a tent, but my preference is tent, for the simple reason of keeping an eye on the bike. I got one of those air mattresses that inflate with an internal pump... takes about 1 beer and half a cigar in time. Temps are going down way past my comfort zone, gonna do the hotel thing, a hot shower after riding in the rain seems like a better plan.
Yes the shower after riding in the rain is always good!! Warms up the bones.. plus ifthe boots get wet you can get a hair dryer and stick it inyour boots to dry them out.. Done that before!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts