Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 99 88ci twin cam with 15k on it. The salvage place never opened the cam chest so I was prepared to do bearing update and such. But when I opened it has a s and s gear drive in it. I don't know what cams are in it though. is there a way to tell cams without pulling it all apart? is there a way to tell if its the high volume oil pump? Thanks I need this info to program my tuner before bringing in to dyno tune. I can get pics but I pulled bolts off gears to see if cam was stamped but there was no markings other then line up marks. I didn't pull gears off yet cause I didn't want to pull rods until I found out if I could tell without pulling apart. Thanks

·
Retired citizen
24,500 Posts
The S&S website has the cam specs and ID. You'd need to pull the pump to ID it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I took it apart today!! I have Andrews tw-37g cams and the ss gear drive. but I decided to pull a head to check bore size and found out it is bored out and the piston has 1550 std on it? is that a stage 2 bore? I just need to know to get my power commander close and to tell dealer when they dyno it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes stroke is stock. Is this a good combo the 95 andrews 37g rienhart true duals and k and n air filter? I have not seen this combo in my maps for my power commander 3 usb but i plan on having it dynoed anyway. Can i run the premuim gas on this set up. I always run premuim anyway.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
You should be fine with premium, and probably all the way dow to 89 octane. i buy the cheapest i can and listen for spark knock and pinging. If you hear either, move up to the next grade next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.