Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I was wondering what aftermarket cams you guys are running if you leave everything else stock. Is there a big difference only doing cams Or should I go with a big bore kit.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
S&S 110 kit have heads done by Ward Performance upgrade tbody good 2/1 pipe have it properly dyno tuned not some canned map or self tuner you’ll be very happy. Do it once and be done cheaper in the long run

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S&S 110 kit have heads done by Ward Performance upgrade tbody good 2/1 pipe have it properly dyno tuned not some canned map or self tuner you’ll be very happy. Do it once and be done cheaper in the long run
Right on I’ll look into that thanks. I actually have a carburetor on it Holley cv carb on it with pretty short exhaust. Will this carb with proper jetting work or will I need to upgrade carb?

·
Registered
38,172 Posts
Right on I’ll look into that thanks. I actually have a carburetor on it Holley cv carb on it with pretty short exhaust. Will this carb with proper jetting work or will I need to upgrade carb?
You'd probably want to upgrade to a Mikuni HSR45 with the 110 CI.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hello all. I was wondering what aftermarket cams you guys are running if you leave everything else stock. Is there a big difference only doing cams Or should I go with a big bore kit.
You can bore your cylinders to 107".
Cam choice, and cylinder head work would be dictated via what model bike, and riding needs/wants.
You will also need an adjustable ignition.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Number on front head is 16723-99 that pulls up a 99-06 88” 1450cc
I know this bike has more power than a stock 88. Guess I’ll have to pull a few parts to identify what it is

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
If you have the outer cam bearings it’s an 88 incher. At one time S&S had a 97 inch kit for the 88 perhaps that what you have

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
BTW don’t underestimate how a 88 can run with some cams and a bit of work they can run very well!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you have the outer cam bearings it’s an 88 incher. At one time S&S had a 97 inch kit for the 88 perhaps that what you have
OK right on yeah I’m almost positive something has been done to it I’m debating on pulling the heads just to check

·
Registered
38,172 Posts
With the cases being replaced, you would have to verify what crank you have to determine size.

No telling whats been done when the cases were apart.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts