Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38,133 Posts
Or measure the travel of the pistons in the cylinders.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
I’ve been quietly following this thread. One thing that comes to my mind is that it’s looking obvious that the OP doesn’t have a stock motor in his bike. That being said, his original question was “what cams to use?” If the previous owner had the cases apart, he/she more than likely replaced the stock cams as well. I would check and see what cams are in it before I pulled the heads off. And if it runs nice now, keep riding and adding up the smiles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’ve been quietly following this thread. One thing that comes to my mind is that it’s looking obvious that the OP doesn’t have a stock motor in his bike. That being said, his original question was “what cams to use?” If the previous owner had the cases apart, he/she more than likely replaced the stock cams as well. I would check and see what cams are in it before I pulled the heads off. And if it runs nice now, keep riding and adding up the smiles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea your right good advise. If anything I’ll pull cams first. It just bugs me not knowing what it is.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts