Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so looking into cams upgrade I had a friend who was gonna get me a deal but it fell through, basically just wondering if anyone has any advice on which give the most bang for your buck. Or if most are similar. Thanks in advance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Advice I'll give....research carefully...research carefully...research carefully, then talk to as many engine builders as you can find, figure out exactly what you want from the cams, decide what other modifications you will make with the cams. Without head work and compression increase, there is not as much to gain as you might think! Total up the costs, and after again talking to a real engine builder then decide.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Thanks for the advise, cams with my bonus headwork is coming with my tax refund.

Most all the cam maufacturers have techs that will help you decide what cams are best for your application. I just checked your profile, i did'nt realize you were working on a 883. best bang for your buck would be a 1200 conversion. you'd still have the 883 gears....which are a tad lower than the 1200's.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most all the cam maufacturers have techs that will help you decide what cams are best for your application. I just checked your profile, i did'nt realize you were working on a 883. best bang for your buck would be a 1200 conversion. you'd still have the 883 gears....which are a tad lower than the 1200's.

Nice thanks that's kinda all coming up I got the NRHS in my sights for that

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Nice thanks that's kinda all coming up I got the NRHS in my sights for that

I've heard the guys at NRHS are really great to work with, give them a call and they can suggest what cams will work best with your upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts