Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike is a 1991 Sturgis Dyna and I ran across this post on craigslist and have been looking for a new seat and some lowering shocks for my bike. What are the odds this stuff fits my bike? I'm assuming the seat doesn't fit but the shocks couldn't have changed that much over the years could they?

Dyna solo seat and hd slammer shocks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I believe the Sturgis Dyna was only a paint set. The shocks and seat should fit if they will fit a 91 Dyna. But looks like they came off a late model bike, so I am not sure. You could check Harley and see what years are listed on fitment.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I have a '92 Dyna that is the same as yours except for paint. Seats up to 1995 fit your bike. Be careful with shocks more than 1" shorter than stock, a large bump will cause the rear brake caliper to make a big dent the the edge of your fender.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
So my bike is a 1991 Sturgis Dyna and I ran across this post on craigslist and have been looking for a new seat and some lowering shocks for my bike. What are the odds this stuff fits my bike? I'm assuming the seat doesn't fit but the shocks couldn't have changed that much over the years could they?

Dyna solo seat and hd slammer shocks
The seat will NOT fit. He said it is off a Street Bob which was made form 07ish to present. 2 generation newer frame so the seat will mount way differently.

As for the shocks your year dynas had real big rear brake calipers right??? Look up the suspension travel of those shocks and see if that length minus the suspension travel (around 1.5" I'd imagine but not entirely sure) and see if your bike can handle it without hitting hard parts.

Finally, make sure the mounting holes are the same diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts