Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 #18-442 for my 14 SG. I am being told I can not change filters that will allow me to change the OEM cover. Has anyone changed this do you have pictures or part numbers?

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
There are lots of covers that fit the Big Sucker!

Not sure why you need to change filters to change the OEM cover though.

As for filters, any filter that works with the HD Stage 1 also works with the Big Sucker.

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
Oh, that's right, you got that weird shaped gasket between the filter and the cover.

Just get a regular filter for the football cover, then you'll have lots of choices for covers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Easter Performance and they said I can't use other filters with this unit. I called and left messages with arlen ness. Seems silly I couldn't change the filter and cover

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
Is the 3 bolt pattern to bolt your filter to the throttle body different than the pre 2014 bikes?

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
That appears to be the same bolt pattern.

I'll take measurements of my bolt pattern so you can see if they match.

·
On the loose
8,724 Posts
I've been looking for a stage 1 air cleaner and have noticed most are listed as 2008 - 2015 , I think the one you have is specifically designed to work with the round OEM 103 cover.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same filter because I wanted to use the stock cover. That raised rubber supports the stock cover and keeps it in position. You should be able to replace that filter with a standard one like Kainam suggested. Then you can use any of other covers that are out there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same filter because I wanted to use the stock cover. That raised rubber supports the stock cover and keeps it in position. You should be able to replace that filter with a standard one like Kainam suggested. Then you can use any of other covers that are out there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I thought the same thing. Eastern Performance said they talked with Arlen Ness and they said I can't, that they don't have another filter to fit. I called multiple times and emailed Arlen Ness but have not heard back. I just called Revzilla and they will look into it for me. If I am able to do this what covers fit? Here is the filter that I think might work Product Auto part Wheel Ceiling

·
On the loose
8,724 Posts
J&P among others have lots of covers that would fit that filter .

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
Planet Atmosphere Astronomical object Atmospheric phenomenon Astronomy

This is for CV carb bolt spacing, I think EFI is the same.

Going from the bolt at 2 o clock to the bolt at 4 o clock = 2.250"
Going from the bolt at 4 o clock to the bolt at 10 o clock = 2.375"
Going from the bolt at 10 o clock to the bolt at 2 o clock = 2.475"

·
Registered
42,546 Posts
It sure looks like the bolt spacing is the same for the 2 filters you posted Delta.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Deltasig
That filter looks just like the A. Ness filter I put on my scoot. Originally I used my stock "football" cover but after a short time I bought the 8 1/2' [I believe that was the size] Harley "Bobber cover" which fits perfectly.
Colt.45

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to the dealer Iron Pony, motorcycle super store and no luck. The SE don't seem o fit/ have same hole alignment as this filter. I don't know what to do

1 - 20 of 20 Posts