Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My abs light is staying on, can I just pull the fuse to deactivate the system and make the annoying little yellow light go off? I don't give a rats ass about ABS, and no I am not taking it to a dealer to have it looked at.

2010 ultra classic limited

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
:popcorn

·
Just Ride
4,021 Posts
No.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Try it and let us know. By the time you get to the end of your driveway you should have your answer.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
If you are really truly OK, with the abs not functioning, take out the fuse, then if light is still on, unhook the light just unhook the light. F*cking with safety equipment isn't the smartest thing to do. But you pays your dollar and you gets your ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Way better to fix the abs.

·
Retired citizen
25,424 Posts
My abs light is staying on, can I just pull the fuse to deactivate the system and make the annoying little yellow light go off? I don't give a rats ass about ABS, and no I am not taking it to a dealer to have it looked at.

2010 ultra classic limited
You pull that fuse you're going to have a lot more gauge lights staying on than you have now.
Try checking the brake fluid levels in both front and rear master cylinders, might be low causing the ABS light to come on.

·
Comfortably Numb
1,151 Posts
Masking the symptom of impending brake failure is not the same as fixing the cause of impending brake failure. I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just in reading different issues with ABS on Harley Davidson, it would seem there is an issue with a broken wire on the front wheel sensor cable in the loom around the steering neck.

Just pulling the fuse will probably not help in cancelling the abs light.

It could be many different things, but you need to find out what is generating the fault code. Could be something minor.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was a bit low on brake fluid. Has gone off for now, like I've read on other sites, mine likes to stay on after I back it out of the garage. Hopefully the added brake fluid will fix it.
Thanks for the responses, even the smartass ones.

·
Poser Member # 99
18,686 Posts
You can help some that don't know
but you cant Fix stupid

Last I looked brakes are important feet don't stop bike doing 30 or 60 mph they put brakes on things for a reason .

we welcome everyone to the Forum But is SAys Harley Davidson on the Markee.. There's no panty waists here and most have thick skin

this forum isn't for the Faint at heart

But Welcome and enjoy leave the attitude at the door along with the Guns

Were still cleaning up the mess from the last argument

No weapons in the club house

·
Banned
43 Posts
You can help some that don't know
but you cant Fix stupid

Last I looked brakes are important feet don't stop bike doing 30 or 60 mph they put brakes on things for a reason .

we welcome everyone to the Forum But is SAys Harley Davidson on the Markee.. There's no panty waists here and most have thick skin

this forum isn't for the Faint at heart

But Welcome and enjoy leave the attitude at the door along with the Guns

Were still cleaning up the mess from the last argument

No weapons in the club house
Sense when ? I don't go anywhere my gat can't go .... well that's not completely true..there was that 'lil problem with jail last weekend . :laughing

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Sense when ? I don't go anywhere my gat can't go .... well that's not completely true..there was that 'lil problem with jail last weekend . :laughing
Tell us more Tex .................:wink

1 - 20 of 35 Posts