Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I constantly hear people talking about BUB exhaust and Reinert Exhaust, however, I'm not positive they're not being made by the same company: BUB Enterprises.

Case in point: Reinert Exhaust, By BUB.

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/exhausts/bub/bubhar.asp

Bub started working with Gerry Reinert of Reinert Racing in 2002 making Harley exhaust. Gerry Reinert is from the NASCAR world...

Are people spending more money on Reinert Exhaust when BUB is comparable or made in the same plant?

Just seems to be a lot of name throwing around with these two....

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Yeah, BUB invested in Rinehart's NASCAR header pipe, variable width tech/designs, then when the product was made available for sale, brought the product in house and it has been Rinehart by Bub ever since. Unsure the extent there is tech crossover between Bub and Rinehart and where they are manufactured.

Rinehart has become huge since then. The black endcaps were a nice design touch. When people heard Rineharts were performance designed by a NASCAR tuner, this also increased interest. What all are not aware of, is how Rinehart's deliver their nums at the very highest RPMs, and often at the expense of a fatter mid-range versus stock. In a way this makes sense given it comes from NASCAR tech with tuning needs at most tracks being, "Give me pedal to the metal power". At least this used to be the case. American Iron had a review/report noting how Rinehart performance was delivered versus stock headers.

One does pay for the Rinehart brand, and if I was into throttle blasting performance I'd give them consideration but I'd probably still lean towards a 2-1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts