Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2004 Heritage Softail Classic that is bone stock. I hate that the sound is so quiet, when I start it my friends laugh and say "who started a Honda?" Can I put different slip on mufflers on without having to do anything else?? Also, I found a nice looking used exhaust with what looks like Screaming Eagles on it, but the say Harley Davidson. They have the slash cut ends on them. Does anyone know what these may be or sound like. I am looking for just a louder low rumble, not harsh sound. Thanks for reading .

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
You should be fine just putting slip-ons on it.

If you go with a high flow air cleaner with the slip-ons, then it will need a tune.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just bought a 2014 Soft tail Heritage with V&H slip ons on it and I get a little deceleration popping. Nothing loud. I actually like it. Have been told many times it will not hurt the bike.

Pastor Jeff :bikerguy:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you enjoy riding your Harley with quiet pipes tell your friends to eff off !
( PC ) is all the rage right now , tell them to get with it .
Personally I hate Political Correctness there fore it's straight through drag pipes for me & I'm a blipper !

·
Banned
71 Posts
I bought a 2004 Heritage Softail Classic that is bone stock. I hate that the sound is so quiet, when I start it my friends laugh and say "who started a Honda?" Can I put different slip on mufflers on without having to do anything else?? Also, I found a nice looking used exhaust with what looks like Screaming Eagles on it, but the say Harley Davidson. They have the slash cut ends on them. Does anyone know what these may be or sound like. I am looking for just a louder low rumble, not harsh sound. Thanks for reading .
Yes you can and those are most likely Screamin Eagle mufflers .

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Some guys love the sound of their Harleys so much we look for excuses to blip the throttle, like when down shifting or double clutching when up shifting or any time we feel like it ............ cause we're not PC . Not that there's anything wrong with being PC , if that's what you like .

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
My Screamin Eagle slip on's say Harley Davidson on the sides. My friend had S.E. slip on's that said Screamin Eagle. Just make sure the mounting points are for softails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts