Harley Davidson Forums banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Its a conspiracy to mellow the masses.
That's a MUCH needed "conspiracy" for many folks...Especially the liberals and the leftists. If they would just chill the f*ck out, and stop yelling and marching and protesting everything, like a bunch of idiotic brainwashed douchebags, the world would be a much better place. :thumb

·
Noel
7,869 Posts
Recently posted some thoughts about this subject in Villians thread concerning Chicago Gun Violence & concert trip plans, not wanting to further derail his discussion, I'm continuing it on this thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recent new article in the local town rag reports on the city councils deliberations on licensing such businesses and the liberal mayors initial opposition to the ordinance because of it's conservative limiting restrictions.

Parameters for how many shops should be issued a licence in a city/town and where they should be located...

They want the sites in industrial/commercial zones not general commercial zones, personally I support the restricted locations and don't look forward to seeing these business on the corner of neighborhoods and main streets.

“This is a carefully selected number between the bare minimum of 4 locations, or 20 percent of liquor store licenses (as required by state law) and 6 locations, the recommended density based on one retail location per 7,500 residents needed to effectively replace the black market,” Kobus said. “Additionally, the limit can easily be increased.”
Tax rate opportunities city/towns could charge, note 3% is on top of the states 6.25% sale tax rate, for a total of as much as 9.25%

In addition, the city is allowed to impose a sales tax on the businesses up to 3 percent.

“We want that tax revenue,” Heroux said. “Restricting them is encouraging (marijuana businesses) to go to other cities.”

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I'd pay an extra 3% in tax per purchase to buy weed (if it were to be legalized for recreational use), because I could stop drinking as much, which would be WAY better on my body, would save me lots of money because alcohol and cigarettes are expensive, and it would be better for me. Plus, I hate hangovers.

I also think it's absolute bullshit that if you are a medicinal use patient, you have to forfeit your 2nd Amendment rights...And NONE of your other rights. Kind of f*cked up, if you ask me.

·
Registered
21,333 Posts
I'd pay an extra 3% in tax per purchase to buy weed (if it were to be legalized for recreational use), because I could stop drinking as much, which would be WAY better on my body, would save me lots of money because alcohol and cigarettes are expensive, and it would be better for me. Plus, I hate hangovers.

I also think it's absolute bullshit that if you are a medicinal use patient, you have to forfeit your 2nd Amendment rights...And NONE of your other rights. Kind of f*cked up, if you ask me.
form 4473 will have to be changed

Did anyone hear about the idiots overdosing on K2 (also known as Spice(Synthetic Marijuana)) it happened on the town green in New Haven......every time I saw a headline the number was higher than before , it topped out around 100

More than 70 in city overdose, many on Green; police arrest 1 man

·
Registered
598 Posts
Seems no matter the issue folks on both sides of the isle believe that hollering, screaming, pounding their feet, or causing harm, either to people, places, or things, is the way to get what they want. When did this ever accomplish anything good. Thank God that most on the right don't feel this way like the majority on the left do. Civility is not the norm anymore. It will have to change or someone is going to get seriously hurt out there. When that happens it will get some ugly, quick. God save us now. MAGA

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Seems no matter the issue folks on both sides of the isle believe that hollering, screaming, pounding their feet, or causing harm, either to people, places, or things, is the way to get what they want.
I'm not saying it never happened but I can't think of a recent time the Right has used this tactic.

·
Noel
7,869 Posts
Bringing this thread to life so I can re-read it.....

I attended a city zoning board of appeals meeting last night regarding three business at various stages of development, two are maturing to the point of ready to open, while an new project is proposing a new grow facility very near our neighborhood. I've got concerns about that....... which I'll write about later once I reread the informed opinions here.

·
Noel
7,869 Posts
Interested in volume of traffic at recreational and or medical retail dispensaries, were/are there traffic jams of folks visiting to make a purchase?

Is this occurring on a regular basis or was it only for a few days or weeks when they initially opened?

·
Registered
21,333 Posts
Interested in volume of traffic at recreational and or medical retail dispensaries, were/are there traffic jams of folks visiting to make a purchase?

Is this occurring on a regular basis or was it only for a few days or weeks when they initially opened?
If the dispensary is like the one in North Hampton , the traffic will slow down in a month or two as the novelty wears off. Everybody in line is carrying wads of cash, they buy what they can and they go home happy that they got something to put in their bong , twice the price of what they use to pay for half as much weed.

·
Noel
7,869 Posts
Good to know, I recall the news reports about that shop, I think it was the first to open in Mass at that point so there was a huge amount of potential customer interest, as more of the shops open, I suspect the surges will be smaller and shorter lived (hopefully).

When the two shops open in Attleboro, Mass will have a total of eight shops serving the market, nearest shops are about 20 to 30 miles away, Bridgewater, Wareham and Fall River.

One of the shops opening soon has already applied to the city to move their retail operation to location closer to the RI state border, very close to our neighborhood, personally I don't have much concern since it is in an approved industrial zone, but the traffic conditions in the area are already intense, I expect there to be some problems during that initial month.

It would be nice if RI & CT loosened up their regulations on adult/recreational use, keeping their customer base local instead of losing it to interstate commerce.

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,147 Posts
Person drinks too much abuses family and friends. Person who smokes too much weed watches Gilligan's Island reruns all day!

·
Try'n to behave
5,546 Posts
I wonder if anyone has started a study as to the effect on COVID 19?

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,668 Posts
Mass is actively revoking or refusing renewals of concealed carry permits on anyone tied to MM & Personal use.
This is one of the particularly aggravating things to me. My wife lives in pain. She has been on narcotic pain medicines for years now. She seldom takes them as prescribed, because she knows how harmful they are to her.

We have medical marijuana in Oklahoma, and her primary care doctor as well as her pain management doctor have told her they would write the prescription for her in a heartbeat. But, she refuses because it would affect her concealed carry license and her ability to buy firearms.

Meanwhile, the federal government is constantly revising the laws concerning prescription drugs, making it more difficult and inconvenient for her and people with similar problems to obtain those drugs, along with incentivizing insurance companies to not cover all or portions of the prescriptions.

Ya know, it’s a sad state of affairs when she chooses to do the right thing legally, but it damages her physically. Meanwhile their are people out there getting away with murder, literally. I say repeal all the drug laws. Let the junkies OD and the ones that want to break in and steal to support their habit get shot. Crime could possibly go up for a short period until people wisened up, then it would drop off drastically!

·
Noel
7,869 Posts
Ya know, it’s a sad state of affairs when she chooses to do the right thing legally, but it damages her physically. Meanwhile their are people out there getting away with murder, literally. I say repeal all the drug laws. Let the junkies OD and the ones that want to break in and steal to support their habit get shot. Crime could possibly go up for a short period until people wisened up, then it would drop off drastically!
I'm 100% with you on this, get the F out of our lives and live & let live, I'd hope anyone with a just need be it medical or for pleasure would have it without all the hoops.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,668 Posts
Noel, I just want her to be able to manage the pain without the bad that comes with the others. She has very good days, but she has many more bad to very bad.

As far as GTF out of our lives, 100% agree. Most laws could be done away with and live by the 10 commandments. Don’t kill, don’t cheat, don’t lie, respect your parents... pretty easy stuff when you get down to it.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts