Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first Harley. A 2011 Superglide. I need to check my engine oil but where the dipstick should be there is a strange screw cap not like the one described in user manual. Does anyone know what this is or how do i check my oil? See photo.

·
Registered
41,137 Posts
No idea what that is, but I'd remove it and replace it with a stock one.

I dont see how you're supposed to add oil if you had to! With a straw maybe? :loco

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I just spent a while google searching and found lots of vented oil fill caps, but none exactly like yours. It's got me curious, please post who makes it if/when you find out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea what that is, but I'd remove it and replace it with a stock one.

I dont see how you're supposed to add oil if you had to! With a straw maybe? :loco
Yeah I know right, must of come with a funnel or something but how can I even check oil level. Its just stupid.

·
Retired citizen
24,124 Posts
Did ya try unscrewing the other part ? The stock dipstick just screws into the case where that device is screwed in.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Do you pull the black rubber plug out and pump the oil in under pressure through a hose? Like some aftermarket refill system? But still, how do you check level in between oil changes? Weird........

Keeps you from blowin your dipstick out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts