Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
Screw out then push the seat forward and pull up at the same time.

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
Screw out then push the seat down and forward and then up. There's a post on the fender that fits into the seat base and locks it on. Gotta push the seat down and forward then up to release it.
The MoCo didn't want anybody stealing your seat to easy !

·
HawgDawg
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,

I see the post under the seat and the tab under the tank. It just won't clear the post. I'll have to get a prybar under there.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Thanks,

I see the post under the seat and the tab under the tank. It just won't clear the post. I'll have to get a prybar under there.
I hope you are kidding on the pry bar.
There is a little trick to it. When done right, as has been described, it will come off.
You use a pry bar and you are gonna nick, break, or at the least bend something outta shape.
Not a good idea.

·
American
28,686 Posts
:popcorn

Reactions: Maxz695

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
If the pry bar doesn't get it, take a 5 lb. sledgehammer and whack at it 4 times on each side of the seat. Be sure you do 4 whacks on each side, not 3, not 5, but 4 good firm whacks on each side before you try lifting the seat. It should loosen nicely.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
If the pry bar doesn't get it, take a 5 lb. sledgehammer and whack at it 4 times on each side of the seat. Be sure you do 4 whacks on each side, not 3, not 5, but 4 good firm whacks on each side before you try lifting the seat. It should loosen nicely.
:laugh You, are a very bad man.

·
Banned
71 Posts
:jaw

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They can be a pain.
Make sure the tongue in front that slides into back fuel tank mount is clear so it slides all the way forward.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
It does take a bit of "oomph".
Better that way then having it able to come off with you on it while rolling down the highway. Or under hard brake application.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Can't say I ever tried to get my seat off.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It is possible from the video there are other fasteners under it on the sides of the seat look very carefully for them. If they are there then pushing down then forwards then lifting is a waste of time

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Some times you just have to walk away for a few mins and get your head on straight. Then go back to it. Let us know how you got it off. :wink

1 - 20 of 58 Posts