Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble with Ride Planner on the HD Web site. Cant sign in, cant save routes. I have used it in the past. Recently been trying for 2 days. What am I missing?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I just signed in for the first time in a couple of years. I first signed into HD.com and it refused my password. I tried my ride planner password which is two letters different, and got logged in to HD.com, then clicked on plan a ride, all good.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Never used it before - but I did get signed in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with Ride Planner on the HD Web site. Cant sign in, cant save routes. I have used it in the past. Recently been trying for 2 days. What am I missing?
I have problems too with the Ride Planner for the last two weeks. I can plan and downlaod the route but I cannot transfer the route to my CVO StreetGlide2016 Boom system. Even if the route is on my memory stick it is not shown up on my Navi display to select for download.

·
Road Junkie
1,892 Posts
I have problems too with the Ride Planner for the last two weeks. I can plan and downlaod the route but I cannot transfer the route to my CVO StreetGlide2016 Boom system. Even if the route is on my memory stick it is not shown up on my Navi display to select for download.
A couple of trouble shooting ideas for you...

1) Reformat the USB stick or use a new one.
2) Copy the route file (routename.gpx) into the main directory of the USB stick.
3) If it’s still not showing up when trying to import the route, walk me through the process you are using to import.

And when you get a moment, go over to the New to the Community thread and do a proper introduction. We love pics of your bike too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Radar, the problem is not only with me. Friends of mine reported the same issue. I've tried several USB sticks and I transfered a lot of routes before from RidePlanner to my Street Glide navi system, so i'am very familiar with the steps.
The route is displayed on the screen (see attached pics) but there is nothing to select (see on screen.jpg). Under "Select all" should be a few lines to select, but there is nothing.
I've tried also some other route planners from which I was able to transfer the routes as usual. For me its seems like a bug in the ride planner. In addition, the problem occurs only with routes planned and transfered since mid April, all older routes can be transfered without problems.
I also evaluated the issue through HD-Switzerland but no feedback so far.

An introduction will follow.

Attachments

·
Road Junkie
1,892 Posts
Hi Radar, the problem is not only with me. Friends of mine reported the same issue. I've tried several USB sticks and I transfered a lot of routes before from RidePlanner to my Street Glide navi system, so i'am very familiar with the steps.
The route is displayed on the screen (see attached pics) but there is nothing to select (see on screen.jpg). Under "Select all" should be a few lines to select, but there is nothing.
I've tried also some other route planners from which I was able to transfer the routes as usual. For me its seems like a bug in the ride planner. In addition, the problem occurs only with routes planned and transfered since mid April, all older routes can be transfered without problems.
I also evaluated the issue through HD-Switzerland but no feedback so far.

An introduction will follow.
Strange indeed.

But you are fortunate that if you never get the routes imported, you have beautiful roads in every direction! I traveled to Zurich frequently in the 2001-05 timeframe and became friends with local colleagues who took me on quite a motorcycle adventure through the Alps one weekend. Vivid memories! And now my son lives in Basel, so hope to repeat those memories sometime!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have a ton of ride plans on the H-D Ride Planner. Haven't gotten to them in a while. Might have to test the system to see if it works on my new Glide.

I've been using InRoute app for the last few years. I can get it to provide directions and all via my iPhone/headset. Haven't tried the CarPlay interface for that yet. I paid the additional few bucks for InRoute to get the expanded waypoint and other features. Nice additional feature is that you can get a "curviness" graph on a route. I've tried a number of route apps and for planning and execution, this is one of the best.

One of our members created a ride "tracker" app that I liked and used quite a bit. Nice feature of that is that the ride track could be saved out as an image and posted on social media or forums without all the waypoint tags and such. However, the app stopped working some time ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts