Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
best cam/piston combo,,,and what cr should I want..

gonna have head worked a lil, looking for that 20-60mph bang running the boys,,, don't care if it isn't a rocket cruising 75 on highway...looking to spend 25-3 grand and want best bang for my buck,,,getting this done in a week so need some good info on deciding what to go with

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
We do not build "time bombs" here.
Never have, just strong, reliable engines, that clients enjoy for years.
Race engines belong at the race track.
We've been building 98" engines via boring the OE cylinder here using our proprietary Wiseco piston/Cometic gasket kits since 2006,(96-107" since 2007) and have been boring H-D cylinders here for over 2 1/2 decades.:)
Scott

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
what about the 95 with se pop up pistons,compression release,204 cams ,,,local guy just did his with this and heard it runs pretty good
A 10.0 cr, 98" with a set of Andrews 57's(for instance) will eat that for lunch, as would an S&S .570 at 10.0 also.
Just built a 98"/Wood 8/Stage III Super-Tour Head in a Road King, tuned at Thayers Sales & Service, Corfu(Batavia)N.Y., that went off at 114/115, sae.
Tame as a kitten until you pull on the right hand grip.
There's right...........then there is everything else.:)
Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn't meaning you,sorry if you thought that.Few people private messaged me about kits that had very good power but high compression,had to run crazy gas,,,I was just putting out there that I was just looking for all around good reliable power,,,Scott,send me a message on what a kit that you are talking about would cost,only 3 hrs from you,,,thanks

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Wasn't meaning you,sorry if you thought that.Few people private messaged me about kits that had very good power but high compression,had to run crazy gas,,,I was just putting out there that I was just looking for all around good reliable power,,,Scott,send me a message on what a kit that you are talking about would cost,only 3 hrs from you,,,thanks
I'll do one better, I'll call you.
Just PM me your phone number.:)
Scott

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
no time bombs here either,like scott said,the .570`s are set at 10.0-1 here too.when people contact us about the "super power,big compression" builds,we actually try to talk them out of it or at least explain what their going to end up with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts