Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to see about getting some opinions once again. I know soot build up is totally normal but after only a couple hundred miles and having the bike tuned the left (primary side) exhaust tip is black and light brown, while the right is perfectly fine. Heres some of the background- Went with the V&H performance duals and 4" monster rounds, & SE air cleaner. I did get this tuned after the exhaust and AC was installed because dealer threw it in at no charge when buying the bike. After 350miles the left exhaust is showing a carbon build up that is also light brown? Is this a problem? I know its normal but thought that since its tuned and it being a 2-1-2 performance exhaust everything would be equalized? Maybe I am missing something

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Maddog
394 Posts
2 cents...
Light brown is the right color. Your issue may have something to do with the 2-1-2 pipe
design. I'm not a big fan of 2-1-2. A good 2-1 (D&D) would be my choice. But I don't
care about looks, just results.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 cents...
Light brown is the right color. Your issue may have something to do with the 2-1-2 pipe
design. I'm not a big fan of 2-1-2. A good 2-1 (D&D) would be my choice. But I don't
care about looks, just results.
Thanks for the response. I had sometime over the past few days to check on this. I started out by calling V&H and got a real good explanation on the design as ur talking about and yes this is the reason. I was initially told by a person at the dealer before purchasing these that this set up would keep both cylinders evenly balanced and thats where my concern came from but did learn that initially was just some bad assumptions

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts