Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just got a new pair of Frank Thomas brand gloves and they have kangaroo skin palms on them. I never heard of them before but they were a good price and most important of all, they are comfortable. (Really neat gauntlet gloves with carbon fiber knuckle protectors.)
My last set lasted a year before the kangaroo skin disintegrated on the palms. I assume it was from sweat because all I ever did with them was ride.
I have already scotch brighted the new ones but what do they recommend to treat kangaroo?
Anybody know?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Vettster, I have a lot of Sportbike friends and they won't touch anything by Frank Thomas. The seams come apart on everything they put out. We have seen first hand their rather expensive race suits come apart on mild slides through the grass.
As far as the Roo skin, its supposed to be tougher than cow and as soft as deer but I don't have a clue how to care for it.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Here is what they said,
..Use the same tactics with all of my leather products, which include cow, buffalo, crocodile and kangaroo
....don't let em get wet unnecessarily
let them air dry if they do get wet
I use lanoline based products (Lanotec) to keep up the water resistance and to keep them supple

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vettster, I have a lot of Sportbike friends and they won't touch anything by Frank Thomas. The seams come apart on everything they put out. We have seen first hand their rather expensive race suits come apart on mild slides through the grass.
As far as the Roo skin, its supposed to be tougher than cow and as soft as deer but I don't have a clue how to care for it.
Just my luck.
I have real trouble finding decent gloves.:banghead In the last 2 years, I have had 2 pairs of FLRG (the "G" stands for garbage) come apart at the seams as well as the fore mentioned kangaroo ones (BMW) literally dissolve in my hands.:stac:
The Frank Thomas ones were about 1/2 the price of these.
I guess time will tell.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More input:
  • A quality horse saddle leather cream made by a company called bates
  • Nic wax is great for protecting and waterproofing leather
Thanks Lil,
I'll see if I can find some Nic wax.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts