Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 Ultra Classic that came without a CB. As is always the case I've now decided I'd like to have a CB for group rides.

Does Harley sell a CB module and control that will integrate with the HK boom box as if originally equipped?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep check with your dealer

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Have you checked the blu tooth headsets? They have a 1/2 to 1 mile range and are hands free. They can be set up to talk to 6 people or more and you can listen to the radio and GPS etc

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Have you checked the blu tooth headsets? They have a 1/2 to 1 mile range and are hands free. They can be set up to talk to 6 people or more and you can listen to the radio and GPS etc

As long as all the other guys have them as well. Nice thing about a CB is everybody with an Ultra has one already.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
As long as all the other guys have them as well. Nice thing about a CB is everybody with an Ultra has one already.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Until 2014... cb's are more mainstream then the headsets. More universal. You can talk to other riders, even goldwings if you want. And even truckers if your slabbin it by your self... but i find that not all people that have them, use them..

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
After driving a Big rig forever... OK fifteen years or so. The only time I run a cb is when I see trouble or need something (local info, etc). Not that I wouldn't like to have one but, will have to wait till I get a bagger of some type.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses.

I called the local HD dealer where I bought the bike. Parts including radio, handle bar control, and antenna kit costs about $550. Basically the dealer said installed I should figure on a $1,000.

I'll pass for now and maybe look for something else or keep my eyes on ebay or CL.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I've done a lot of research on this and your parts you listed are really easy to install. No wiring, just bolt on and plug in to existing wire connections. Do you have the headset(s) already. If so I wouldn't pay $450 installation.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for all the responses.

I called the local HD dealer where I bought the bike. Parts including radio, handle bar control, and antenna kit costs about $550. Basically the dealer said installed I should figure on a $1,000.

I'll pass for now and maybe look for something else or keep my eyes on ebay or CL.

Thanks again.

I found the CB module on EBay, I think it was going for 79.00. I was going to pick it up but I'm not sure I want to add on yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2018 Ultra Limited. Is the bike pre wired for CB, and I just need the module and antenna? I don't like the headset, can I use the same older cb mic for the pre 2013 model to plug in on the tank?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can somebody help me with where the PTT button is for the rider on a 2021 model Ultra Limited. Have ordered the CB radio but cannot find any information on the PTT button on the switchblock (either side!!).......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts