Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has what states?? I have my resident here in NY of course, but already have my Pennsylvania Non Resident.

I just last night took the class for the Florida, Utah and Arizona, and was able to get what I needed done..i.e. prints and notarized, and was able to get them sent out today, with the hopes that one of them will come back in time for our vacation, so I'll be able to Concealed carry in every state we are in.

How does it work for the rest of you guys?? I'm still investigating the best way to get Maine, so we can head there next year.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
These are the ones I've found that honor Alabama's CCW.

Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky. Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakotsa, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming.

·
Long time rider
150 Posts
I haven't looked real hard for my home state yet, but what I did find is that Cow Hampshire doesn't recognize Maine so I would need both. That's a lot of money to keep them both that could be spent on another gun! Far as I know you can holster it in the open and your good. A couple guys did it at the beach last year and the local law enforcement could do nothing except tell them there scaring the tourists. Welcome to Maine NOW GO HOME!

·
Long time rider
150 Posts
Just looked and found if you get PA you'll be good in Maine. Otherwise the list makes very little sense. You would think the only bordering state would be there. NOT!

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
One very cool thing about my Michigan CPL is that is honored in 40 other states. We don't have a non-res permit. Not many other permits honored in so many states. Mainly due to the training requirement I suppose. Only 10 states that won't honor our CPL and I have no plans to visit the Northeast, IL or CA any time soon.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,349 Posts
I carry a Utah along with Mississippi. At one time, Utah gave me most of the states I now have, but more recently, the Mississippi license is catching up. These 2 give me 36 states I can carry legally in.

·
Registered
38,875 Posts
I carry a Utah along with Mississippi. At one time, Utah gave me most of the states I now have, but more recently, the Mississippi license is catching up. These 2 give me 36 states I can carry legally in.
I also have the Utah non-resident permit. Gives me 38 states I can carry in.

Best deal going. :thumb

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
These are the states that "Do Not Honor" Floridas CCW......all the rest do. heres a good website to kinda help ya figger it out.

Permit(s) Not Honored In:

California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just looked and found if you get PA you'll be good in Maine. Otherwise the list makes very little sense. You would think the only bordering state would be there. NOT!
Not true, only RESIDENT PA permits get you Maine.... :cussing

I was under the same impression, until I looked into it more. :bluduh

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I was all excited, until I read what the asterisk had to say. Lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
No permits at all required in VT. Sounds great but the problem with that is there is no reciprocating with any other state because we don't have a permit.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No permits at all required in VT. Sounds great but the problem with that is there is no reciprocating with any other state because we don't have a permit.

Lol, ironic ain't it?? Only free state, still gets you only halfway.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I've got my Illinois CCW perm....oh wait, what was I thinking?!?!?!

·
Registered
38,875 Posts
I hold a non-resident UT. At only $51 for 5 years its a good deal.
Best deal going IMO. Utah non resident gets me 2 additional states than what a Florida non resident would get me, for about half the cost too!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I filed for both Florida and Utah, still waiting.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts