Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Ultra, already switched the headlight and aux to LED's and love them. Want to switch the blinkers to Custom Dynamics but torn between the amber and the Dynamic Ringz that give you white DRL's and amber signals.

Do the white DRL's give you any better light at night and do you think either gives better visibilty than the other??

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I have the ones with the white and it did improve visibility but I don't have the Aux lights like you do though.

I do think that 5 white lights should grab another driver's attention and that is what it is all about.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Dynamic Ringz caught my eye right away at the local dealership.

After watching a video on the website, I'm wondering if the halo effect will be visible through a signal lens. The lenses on my FLTRU don't have any texture to them. Heck, my amber lenses are clear enough that I can see the filament in the bulb through them. I'm not sure if the lenses on the bike in the clip are the same as mine, or if it's just a poor quality video, but I couldn't see the white DRL rings like on the display. I like the halo effect, and that would be the selling point for me.

·
CVFFCV
112 Posts
I have the bullet rings with the DRL ring, can't say they help with visibility, but they look pretty cool. I've played around with my aux lights on and off, and the white LED's just don't really do anything with the LED headlight.

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
I rode with a guy the other day who had replaced all his marker lights with Custom Dynamics LED's. He had the Dynamic Ringz up front in white. I could see him a mile away! Those lights were bright! I doubt they add much to what you, the rider, can see at night but others sure can see the front of your bike better.

I also thought it was cool that when he activated his turn signal, it turned amber. I know it's just two different color LED's in the same housing but, cool none the less.

I'd like to change all my lights to LED's but I don't have the coin to do it just yet. When I do, I believe I'll go with Custom Dynamics

·
CRSO
346 Posts
I've had the CD Ringz up front on my last two 'Glides...love them.

The DRL feature is just that... a daylight recognition (running) lamp...look cool, but don't add any additional light on the road at night. Since they're LED they last forever.

NOTE: If you use their Ringz for rear signals (the red version) be advised they are not DOT-approved...only the front ones are...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the Ringz on my '14 Limited and I love 'em. The cool thing is that when you activate the turn signals, the white ring of LED's turns off while the amber LED's in the center cluster flashes. Easy install and worth the money, in my opinion.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hey Rangemaster, I saw that on their web sight ,but what does it mean for us, non DOT?

·
Registered
986 Posts
It means that some real picky DOT inspector could flunk your bike for unapproved safety equipment.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Got the Ringz on my '14 Limited and I love 'em. The cool thing is that when you activate the turn signals, the white ring of LED's turns off while the amber LED's in the center cluster flashes. Easy install and worth the money, in my opinion.
^ this, on a '14 SG

FB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts