Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Can't remember stuff
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for another windshield for my Street Glide for a while now. The stock 4 incher is nice looking and wasn't too bad for me this summer but it did produce some buzzing in my helmet's face shield at speeds above 35 mph unless the shield was in the fully closed position. I was also hoping to extend my riding season just a bit by fending off the wind with a little bit taller shield. One other thing that was important to was asthetics - I didn't really want to go dor a full height, Electra Glide look.

I considered the Klock Werks Flare windshield from Kustom Baggers but the cost: $188 for a 6.5 inch and the wait: everything tinted was on backorder. kept me looking. I finally decided on the Cee Bailey SSC, it was $132 shipped and showed up in a week.

Some before and afters...

Attachments

·
Can't remember stuff
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continued....

Some more before and afters
I like the look and a during test ride at 35mph, 45mph and highway speeds - 65-70mph I had no faceshield rattle with the shield at any position, open or closed. I had a nice bubble of calm air at eye level. So far, I'm liking it. The little caution label will have me tracking down a torque wrench at work on Monday. For now I just calibrated my wrist by testing the tightnes of the torx screws before I loosend them. :thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
You stated you purchased a 6.5 windshield but it looks larger. I have the HD windshield bags and was wondering if they would fit with this style windshield? Also what tint did you purchase?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cee Bailey vs Klock werks

2015 FLHXSE Street Glide
Anybody know if the Cee Bailey works better than the Klock werks . I have an 8.5 in KWs and Id like a little less side buffeting than Im getting so I can hear the stereo better et al. KWs is much better than OEM 4.5 in HD wind splitter and looks cool but wondered if I can do better with the CEE Bailey ????

·
Registered
423 Posts
I ride a 2013 FLHTP (police Electra Glide , with solo saddle) its seat height is about 4" taller than stock. The stock 12" windscreen causes a lot of buffeting to the mid to upper part of the helmet/face. Ijust tried a Klock werkes 11.5" screen but it was only marginally better. Perhaps a 8.5" will work better. Cee Bailey makes very good wind screens. What size is your Cee Bailey?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts