Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as many of you are aware Harley Davidson has been on what I consider to be a witch hunt for anyone that uses anything to do with the name Harley Davidson or letters or symbols or anything that they can disrupt. After all they have a huge legal team just waiting to pounce on the little guy. I suspect the tattoo enforcement police will be next.

At any rate today I will be making changes to the site to allow the forum to be from this day forward Harley-Davidsonforums.com. Brentley thinks I must have been the child that loved to slap hornets nest . It boils down to a warning from Harley that they owned the letters hd as well as most every other letter int he alphabet. So under the guidelines of a fan based site I removed any commercial banners and there will be no more. There is no paypal donation button and no means of support for the forum. This is all on my nickel and fan based.

So Judy and the rest of you money grubbing bastards you can stick that where the sun doesn't shine. When the changes are complete the site will from this day forward be Harley-Davidsonforums.com and I'll keep it going as long as I can support the bandwidth out of my pocket. Have a nice day.

Expect to need a new cookie or have a possible login or two issue until everything resolves.

Max

·
Registered
4 Posts
???

What the FUkK is their problem??? Why is this forum and the v-rod forums all of a sudden their enemy? HEY HARLEY... WE BUY YOUR BIKES!!! WHY DO YOU HATE US??? This really says a lot about the company. Next thing you know, they'll want to sue us for getting together for rides and chatting about Harleys... Screw this - Harley COMPLETELY SUCKS now in my book! ...but I do love my v-rod :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I say we all bombard them with mail and phone calls to show the impact they're making on this community..
---------------------------------
To contact the Motor Company directly, please write:

Harley-Davidson Customer Service
3700 W. Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208

To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056.
-----------------------------------------

·
Liquid Cooled Member
92 Posts
Unbelievable!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I can understand them protecting their intellectual property. I think in some cases they are going overboard. I know of dozens of forums that have used the bar and shield and the names Harley in the name or hd in the names and IMHO are spam infested, popup crazy sites for nothing but profit. When they came after this site that had four and mind you the banners were free that really made me stop and scratch my head. We sell nothing, we had very little traffic and a couple of free banner ads on the front page. And yet I get a warning telling me I'm in violation.

·
Registered
42,903 Posts
FTF - **** The Factory

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to me they are biting the hands that feed them...not the best marketing approach, atleast it wasn't a cease and desist order, then we would have over 16k members with blood boiling

·
Registered
55 Posts
If they keep this shit up, I am going to buy a BMW to replace my Harley Davidson touring bike and a Suzuzki to replace my V-Rod. Both are probably better quality anyway and cost less.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will notice a disclaimer now at the top of the forum and the bottom of the page. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Max (or anyone)-
Can you guys tell me why we can't have a paypal account for donations...even if the paypal name, and site name, have no affiliation with Harley?? Can 1130cc have a donation site?? If 1130cc can....can we not? I'm thinking we can't..simply because a portion of THIS site's name...contains the words "Harley Davidson"??? I guess I'm just confused.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Amy, Harley Davidson thinks a fan based site should have no physical way to pay for it's own up keep. Anything that looks like it produces a dollar makes it in their opinion a commercial site. There for we are going to stay in a plain white rapper. It gives them no place to go and nothing to work with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tink I'll write a letter to arley-avison an tell tem exactly wat I tink.Wat a blooy ceek, ow on Eart can te Englis langage survive now tat tey ave stoppe us using te 4t an 8t letters of te alpabet.:bat

1 - 20 of 124 Posts