Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of picking up an 07 1200r from my buddy. Currently, he has the forward controls on it. Which, on an 07, arent drastic. However, I have a fairly short inseam, and feel more comfortable with the mids. I have found a few videos on how to go from mids to forwards, but, my question is, do I need new parts to put it back to mids, or is it simply disconnecting the linkages, moving the pegs back, and putting it all together? I know I need to remove the muffler on the right side-but, are there parts kits I should be looking into for the swap?

·
Retired citizen
24,534 Posts
The controls you have won't retro to mids. You'll be able to use the pegs etc. but not the mounts.
Go to Ronnies web page to look up the parts diagram for mid control Sportsters to get an idea of which parts you'll need to add or replace. No kit per say as far as I know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just did a quick Google search....

I found this kit from HD that reduces the reach by about 2 inches.

There are also several kits out there from J&P, HD, and several other sources.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Excoastie, that may be the ticket. I plan on putting a reduced reach solo seat on it too-with that kit, it may work. Thanks.
Schmidtys, I have no idea who Ronnie is-if you can point it out, I'll take a look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's probably people out there that have mids and want forwards that would be interested in doing a straight swap that's how I got my forwards. Just a thought.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Excellent point. Right now, I'm just gaming things out. I dont yet have posession of the bike itself, and havent ridden it-I may end up liking them where they are, for all I know. Should I not though, thats a great idea, and one I will explore first!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts