Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros and cons? I was gonna get a pair of chaps but ran across a Craigslist add for brand new never worn HD pants for 50$. Got me thinking? Any input?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I prefer pants. I have a set with zippered outer seams, and they are large enough to wear over jeans.

My thought is if you low-side, you're probably going to be sliding on your butt, so I'd prefer it covered in leather. If you high-side, you're effed anyway and won't care what you're wearing.

Pants are also warmer.

That said, I don't wear them unless it's so cold I have to.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I also bought pants, was at a bike show last winter and tried on chaps 1st. but once I tried on the pants I was sold for all the same reasons as chasarms post. I've worn them many days with no regrets.

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
I always wear pants, chaps or not. You guys are freaks :rofl:

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would do chaps, farts can't get out of leather pants!

·
Registered
257 Posts
LMAO, that's good...

I have both, bought the chaps a long time ago and just bought the pants sometime last year. I have to say, I do like the pants.
Ummm with a name like Pooh I think you should stick with the chaps!! Just sayin':)

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I always wear pants, chaps or not. You guys are freaks :rofl:
Glad to hear it. Pants will cover your G-String.

Cold weather =pants
Hot weather = Chaps or the old standby THE SPEEDO.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I have both. I haven't worn my chaps since I bought my leather "overpants", with full length zippers in each leg. In warmer weather, I wear shorts under them. Got them at Jafrum.com, less than a $100 good thick leather.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Bought my jean style leather pants back when I rode in the eighties . Quit riding for 23 years . Still got the pants but I can't get in em ! About 25-30 pounds to go .

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
I was listening to Brandmier on the ride to work. They were talking about flight attendants. They have a term called "crop dusting" which translates to them moving down the aisle while farting. The movement spreads it out; avoids hot spots and hides who did it.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I would do chaps, farts can't get out of leather pants!
I'm sure you could find crotchless leather pants ar Frederick's of Hollywood. You know, just to solve this problem.

--

1 - 20 of 31 Posts