Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase and install a charging socket so I can plug my phone/gps in.

anyone got any pics of their install?

·
Super Moderator
4,348 Posts
I didn't fully install mine. I have bags on my softtail. I just ran the charger from the dongle to the bags to charge on the fly. .... and re-reading your post, I see that you need GPS so the phone in the bag is completely not helpful. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
the bikemaster 12v charging adapter plugs into HD battery tender. charges cell phone
powers gps, very handy. fifteen minute install.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Diezel's placement is the best I've seen, but he's on a road king not a dyna.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Under the rider seat on the left side. Somewhere around the side cover but I'm not 100% on where the plug sticks out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to have a look around to see what I can do...I prefer to keep the lines clean and don't like things hanging off the handlebars etc. So the ideal is to have it somewhere I can perhaps get a magnetic mount/bag for my phone to stick on the tank and run a temporary charger cable to it while I'm riding...

perhaps....not quite sure yet...

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
dont need one dont want one. i thought the whole point of riding was to get lost and find ur way back. phone what the heck is that for. thats like carring a watch . i dont care what time it is JUST ride baby ride. sound like a bunch o women here. where you gunna plug the hair drier. bahahahahahahahahaha

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'm going to have a look around to see what I can do...I prefer to keep the lines clean and don't like things hanging off the handlebars etc. So the ideal is to have it somewhere I can perhaps get a magnetic mount/bag for my phone to stick on the tank and run a temporary charger cable to it while I'm riding...

Have the tender plug come up in front of the seat nose . Will reach your tankbag then real easy. Also easy way to plug in your heated vest .

:coffee:

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,464 Posts
The otherwise useless cigarette lighter on the Ultra serves this purpose. Lighter condemned to the faring compartment, and I have one of those dual USB plugs that goes in the socket. I can power the GPS and phone charger simultaneously if necessary.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The otherwise useless cigarette lighter on the Ultra serves this purpose. Lighter condemned to the faring compartment, and I have one of those dual USB plugs that goes in the socket. I can power the GPS and phone charger simultaneously if necessary.

Same for me, simple & cheap, fills the place where some dirtbag stole my lighter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
71 Posts
Not useless to me...................:fitz

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,464 Posts
Not useless to me...................:fitz
I gave up the need for it over 40 years ago. It is good for lighting firecrackers.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I've got one of the magnetic phone cases that clings to the tank and I have a neat Optimate USB charger that plugs into the tender lead.

Works very well for charging but the angle of the phone screen in the case makes it nigh on useless as a GPS due to the glare from the sun.

I'm thinking of a small handlebar mount and taking the feed for the USB from within my headlight nacelle but like you I don't want anything to look cluttered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts