Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update, I know it been a little bit since I wrote about this, but just got back from working out of state for my job. But worked on my bike the other day and pulled the spark plug wire off again and looked at it and found it had a broken piece inside of it. So bought new plug wire and installed it and ya baby it's runs again with no lights coming on... So once again THANKS to everybody for all your information on here and getting me up an running again...
Wolvie

·
Retired citizen
22,854 Posts
Good going , ya found something broke before ya fixed it . :thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a bit of a problem and hope somebody on here can give me the right answer to fix my problem.
I have a 08 1200XL sportster, just fired it up this year after the winter storage. I cleaned it all up and took if for a ride and now the check engine light comes on then go off then comes on etc. It rides fine no lost of power and rides smooth. But why the light keeps on coming on and off?

Thanks in Advance
Wolvie
I had the exact same thing happen to me today with my 2009 sportster 1200
Took of battery tender and took it for a ride after winter storage. Engine light and battery light came on and went off several times during a fifteen minute ride
Any explanation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a bit of a problem and hope somebody on here can give me the right answer to fix my problem.
I have a 08 1200XL sportster, just fired it up this year after the winter storage. I cleaned it all up and took if for a ride and now the check engine light comes on then go off then comes on etc. It rides fine no lost of power and rides smooth. But why the light keeps on coming on and off?

Thanks in Advance
Wolvie
I have a 2007 Sporster 1200. Had check engine light come on since I bought it. Replaced injectors and o2 sensors. Still check engine light. Finally took it to the dealer. They found the computer was programed for a 883. How does that happen? They reprogrammed it and it runs great. Only cost $145.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope... Titled and vin numbers as 1200. I had even bought a 1200 computer thinking it would be easy to switch but not. Found out it was a 883 programed.

·
V-Twin Junkie
196 Posts
Was it Stage I modified? If so, and it has an ECU programmer, someone screwed up. Otherwise, it was screwed from the factory.

·
Retired citizen
22,854 Posts
What sucks is ya can't do it yourself, ya gotta take it to a Harley dealer. That's the sucky part, ya can't fix your own bike in your own backyard anymore .

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
My guess is the computer you bought was an 883 not a 1200. Sellers don't always know what they have, or think they have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My guess is the computer you bought was an 883 not a 1200. Sellers don't always know what they have, or think they have.
Both computers were programed for 883... Yes the one that was on the bike. They reprogrammed it and it runs. It's titled as a 1200C. Original motor. Security system was for that bike that's why I had to take it in.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts