Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Interesting, but definitely not my style. Not much of a turning radius looks like. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've seen the first one up close and personal and I gotta tell ya it is impressive! Pics and video donot do it justice. It may not be everyone's cup o tea but the craftmanship put into this bike is astonishing.

·
Try'n to behave
5,526 Posts
All I can say is WAWOM.

Not for me, but I know some like 'em other wise he wouldn't be in buisness.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
That bike is gonna see more miles on the back of a trailer going to get fixed than going down the road on its own, starter clutch ain't gonna last long without compression releases, and all the stuff vibrating like crazy.. ie the stubby exhaust with no support brackets...

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Interesting, but definitely not my style. Not much of a turning radius looks like. To each their own I guess.
Yeah, notice in the video they fade it out each time he goes to turn it around.:think

Still, gotta applaude the work. Looks like top notch craftmanship.:nod

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
There are elements of it that are certainly commendable. The custom work is excellently done. I thought the conversion of the shark nose to a bar-mount fairing was interesting.

As far as the design, it's definitely not my style. It looks like an over-sized action toy to my eyes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Definitely awesome. I like the first one better than the 2nd but IMHO I think 30" is just too big to go on a front wheel. I think 23" is plenty big and still keep its functionality. I too noticed that they faded the video everytime he came up on a turn.

The paint was awesome though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
...there was definitely a lot of work put into it. so from that angle i'd say it's pretty impressive. definitely not a bike i'd want though. the "big wheel" comment is perfect. it looks almost cartoonish because of the immense front wheel. i gotta give him credit for being ballsy enough to ride that thing in shorts too. the pipes on the right side look perfectly situated to enure a visit to the local burn center for a skin graft. does it just sit on the frame when it's parked? so that color matched high dollar paint on the underside of the frame won't last and the metal will be gouged before long too. also, what if the ground is uneven? i don't know. seems like another example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". then again, i don't think a guy like me was the intended demographic for this scoot. i'm a rider, not a show-er. that bike will likely be bought by someone who will trailer it to bike shows/rallies and be parked conspicuously so that everyone can tell them what a cool bike they have... to each his own.

kgb

1 - 20 of 23 Posts