Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a repair manual something similar to a vehicle’s chilton manual but for bikes? I hav me an ‘03 Dyna lowrider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39,568 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
The $150 or so it costs for the service and electrical manual is a minimal cost as compared to 1 trip to the stealership.
On top of that, many dealers don't even want to work on older bikes.

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Chilton is a excellent fire starter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a Haynes/Clymer manual for an old 79 sporty I had years ago. It had some neat performance up grade suggestions in the back of the book (stroker/big bore stuff) that the Harley manual didn't however the harley manual had things the off brand books did not have.

·
Wayward Son
23,318 Posts
I had a Haynes/Clymer manual for an old 79 sporty I had years ago. It had some neat performance up grade suggestions in the back of the book (stroker/big bore stuff) that the Harley manual didn't however the harley manual had things the off brand books did not have.
Junk also.
I would not purchase one for info on normal maintenance little on trust it for performance tips.
There are much better sources for those too.

·
Super Moderator
4,355 Posts
Factory parts manual is pretty useful also. I like being able to know the exact part number or sub assembly.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,668 Posts
A Chalmers And Haynes manual are a waste of money . If you Have a Harley Davison Service and Parts manual you don't need anything Else Check Ebay or Amazon for manuals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts