Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of Duals on my Softail have a chirp / Rattle in the sound of the exaust. .. the dealer did a reinstall recently and from my perspective the noise started after that... i have been back 4 times and had a gut full.. they reckon they have been all over it and its just engine nosie.. bugger me the noise is in one side and only started after they stuffed with it...

I am down to my last try i am going to stick a set of quite baffles in tomorrow and see if that somehow stops the noise... after that i will buying new pipes if i have to

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
luv the low country
20,312 Posts
I had the same chirping noise on my '02 Road King. It was suggested on here to spray the exhaust brackets with silicone spray, did it no more chirp.

·
1,080 Posts
When does the chirp happen? Constantly or when shifting/downshifting?
I had one that drove me crazy, someone on one of the forums suggested checking the belt tension...sure enough that was the problem.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
I would loosen up but not remove all fasteners except at the heads.
That includes any brackets from mufflers to the frame.
Then working front to back re-tighten them. Brackets to frame first.
This sounds like a slight misalignment situation. Not really uncommon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got to the bottom of it Guys i put quite baffles in and it fixed it ... the old stock baffles must of had something going on or the way they were fitted or something. .. anyway after 1 year of pulling my hair out plus the dealer crawling all over it .. its fixed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also. .. the quite baffles are good ..the bike still makes a shit load of noise ..and no effect on the performance. .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts