Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a 1997 Sportster 883 Hugger running again for a family member and need a little help.

On the end of the choke cable there is a small built on ball, and to hook the cable to the choke needle assy., there is a small barrel connector. HD does not show this part in the part book. It does not come with a new cable or choke needle assy. Does anyone have any history with this and know what I am talking about and how to get one? This barrel connector looks similar to the ones the throttle cables hook up to the carb with.

If there is a better forum to put this in, please move it to the appropriate one.
Thanks for any help. TX

·
Registered
39,570 Posts
Im wondering if HD updated the choke cable so that barrel is integral to an updated cable?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
A lot of times dirt bike stores have bins of those type things. You might check out your local independent dirt bike parts store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had to get a new choke cable and choke needle assy and neither one comes with that part. It still has to use the barrel connector.
Thanks so far for the help!

·
Registered
39,570 Posts
Might try a Kawasaki dealer. They also used a Keihin CV (CVK) 40 on their Vulcans.

·
Registered
39,570 Posts
Good job! Where did you find the PN?

·
Registered
39,570 Posts

Unless I am forgetting something, doesn't the ball on the cable just slide into the opening on the plunger?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Unless I am forgetting something, doesn't the ball on the cable just slide into the opening on the plunger?
That is a picture of the starter valve. It has to have this part I am talking about to connect them. Actually I know you need this other part because I saw it on the old choke cable that I threw away. Yep, I'm a dumb**s with a capitol D.

Where did you get the pic? Did you have one of those?

·
Registered
39,570 Posts
Where did you get the pic? Did you have one of those?
Yup, I scrounged in my stash of take off parts and found that. No barrel in my stash tho, as the majority of the stock choke cable assembly is also used on the Mikuni carbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts