Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've seen these new kits to rake out the front end and its all bolt on!! but have also heard that they ride very ruff? how many of you guys have these kits and what do u think of them??? for example i have a 08 nightster and i like the 14 degree rake and 6 in. over tubes. pics would be great thanks guys

·
Registered
541 Posts
Having a Nightster, and knowing the back-end is rough, making the front-end rough might shut down an organ or two. Nice!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks good man, go for it if that's what you want to do! I love the Nightster's ride too... very involved and lots of feedback. But I also would miss my turning radius if I had a chopper front-end. To each his own! It'll look killer though!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol i know i really like that noe but if you click on the all black nightster (2nd one down) it is not only raked out but with a wide glide front end really sweet!!!! but not a fan of the no front fender. as i keep look i keep going crazier about wanting to do it but i dont want to regret it, u guys know what i mean...

·
COB
1,984 Posts
You have to be careful here. If it is a bolt on kit then all the rake is in the trees. Usually raked trees are used to correct rake/trail problems with forks that are raked at the neck.

You can create some inherint instability by throwing a bunch of rake in the trees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts