Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
dreams come true!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to harleys, got a? I know what a chopper is.What is a bobber ? xplain differance please!'

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Check out the Wikipedia definition of a Bobber.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Greg; There's no hard rule anymore on which is what. A very casual definition would be. Bobber is basically a stock bike that has had parts removed or cut down (fenders, seat, etc) to make it lighter. Choppers generally have altered frame, or wheel base dimensions. I would call the bike shown in your garage a
bobber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The principle difference between bobbers and choppers is that bobbers are typically built around unmodified frames while chopper frames are often cut and welded into shape. They also often lack most of the chopper's aesthetic characteristics such as chromed parts and elongated forks. Thus, bobbers are fairly easy to create from stock motorcycles and are generally hand built.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Bobber gets the name from a bobcat. That pretty much says it all. The rear fender must be bobbed as the bobcats tail.

·
Registered
144 Posts
After owning a chopper and at the time loving every minute of it found that with the really big engines available these bikes are not the best setup for something like that. A bobber on the other hand is ideally suited for all the engine you can stuff between the frame rails.Run hard run fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts