1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,016 Posts
Most Evangelical Christians are Conservative, are opposed to the Obama program, and had they come out to vote en masse, probably would have defeated him in the last election.
And besides, OB's Mullah told him this.:rofl:

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Isaiah 5:20 KJV Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
This verse explains a lot about what is happening in our world.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Most Evangelical Christians are Conservative, are opposed to the Obama program, and had they come out to vote en masse, probably would have defeated him in the last election.
Typically, Evangelicals turn out to the polls pretty well. The interesting phenomenon was that a great number of black Evangelicals (and there are a lot of them) voted for the president anyway. As a Christian, I can't really understand that.

I consider myself to be a conservative Christian, and I believe that the more Godless the U.S. becomes, the more problems we will have. But, I have to say that, IMO, a lot of the Christian bashing has been brought on by our own sin nature and the tendency of so many to spew unrighteous anger toward non-Christians.

For the life of me, I can not figure out why a Christian would expect someone who is not a Christian to act like one. In fact, the Bible explicitly tells us that they will not. There is no directive in the Bible that mandates we march around pointing out specific sins to someone who obviously does not believe. The Bible charges us to be WITNESSES - not lawyers and certainly not judges.

By no means should a Christian discount or condone anti-Biblical practices, but a Christian also should not spew venom at those who live in sin. It's exactly the kind of behavior that perpetuates the hypocrisy arguments that so many offer. And it's SIN in and of itself.

The message of the Bible is simple. EVERYONE falls short of the glory of God, and so Christ made a way for us. Believing is the only difference between us. As soon as you start comparing sin and judging others, you may as well sign up for some other belief set.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah just hes 1 evil MFR to go to our servicemen & tell them the same pastors n youth group ministers you grew up going to church with... well they have alter egos as extremist terrorists in league with bin ladin?
like what the fawk is the end game to this propaganda strategy, why would our servicemen need to be indoctrinated in this new state belief of total BS?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Typically, Evangelicals turn out to the polls pretty well. The interesting phenomenon was that a great number of black Evangelicals (and there are a lot of them) voted for the president anyway. As a Christian, I can't really understand that.

I consider myself to be a conservative Christian, and I believe that the more Godless the U.S. becomes, the more problems we will have. But, I have to say that, IMO, a lot of the Christian bashing has been brought on by our own sin nature and the tendency of so many to spew unrighteous anger toward non-Christians.

For the life of me, I can not figure out why a Christian would expect someone who is not a Christian to act like one. In fact, the Bible explicitly tells us that they will not. There is no directive in the Bible that mandates we march around pointing out specific sins to someone who obviously does not believe. The Bible charges us to be WITNESSES - not lawyers and certainly not judges.

By no means should a Christian discount or condone anti-Biblical practices, but a Christian also should not spew venom at those who live in sin. It's exactly the kind of behavior that perpetuates the hypocrisy arguments that so many offer. And it's SIN in and of itself.

The message of the Bible is simple. EVERYONE falls short of the glory of God, and so Christ made a way for us. Believing is the only difference between us. As soon as you start comparing sin and judging others, you may as well sign up for some other belief set.
You know its somewhat ironic you post that............I was thinking about this the other day. Typically I see more hate and anger spoken by the so called conservative christian than any other group.

I am not pointing a finger at any one person so please dont take it that way................Just a general observation as I like to read both view points on the current events.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
. . . Typically I see more hate and anger spoken by the so called conservative christian than any other group. . .
Not because it is generally true, but because it is the only things that Christians can say that the mainstream media will report on. I assure you, it hardly represents the opinions of the majority of Christians.

Even then, I am not so sure. It is now perfectly acceptable, if not absolutely trendy, to openly mock the beliefs of Christians (and conservatives in general). It seems that the only groups that enjoy the protection of "tolerance" are those that are in accord with the post-modern, liberal ideologies.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Not because it is generally true, but because it is the only things that Christians can say that the mainstream media will report on. I assure you, it hardly represents the opinions of the majority of Christians.

Even then, I am not so sure. It is now perfectly acceptable, if not absolutely trendy, to openly mock the beliefs of Christians (and conservatives in general). It seems that the only groups that enjoy the protection of "tolerance" are those that are in accord with the post-modern, liberal ideologies.
Well I honestly make a concerted effort to not mock the beliefs of any group...........I figure they believe the way they do and what they do for a reason.

My family is southern Baptists & Methodists to the core...............Me I still aint figured out what I am yet. I also live in the heart of the deep south which is ultra conservative.

So strictly speaking from my own experience I see more hate and anger from the Christian right than any other group I know. Which makes no sense to me and not what I was taught growing up in church.

Your statements just pushed me to comment.............No offense intended, just having a discussion.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I don't mock any groups, no matter how BS their religion is.

I do get angry alot, only b/c I am tired seeing people mock my beliefs so openly these days. Growing up I never witnessed such open blasphemy. I mean, be what and who you wanna be, just don't mock who I am, and what I believe in.

This country was founded upon Christian principles, and the original pilgrims left England in search of religious freedoms. They found that here. Now it's perfectly ok and considered cool to be ANY other religion, other than a Christian... I just don't get it. It makes absolutely no sense. If we're America The Tolerant, why are we now America The Tolerant (unless you're a white male Christian)?

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I do get angry alot, only b/c I am tired seeing people mock my beliefs so openly these days. Growing up I never witnessed such open blasphemy. I mean, be what and who you wanna be, just don't mock who I am, and what I believe in.

This country was founded upon Christian principles, and the original pilgrims left England in search of religious freedoms. They found that here. Now it's perfectly ok and considered cool to be ANY other religion, other than a Christian... I just don't get it. It makes absolutely no sense. If we're America The Tolerant, why are we now America The Tolerant (unless you're a white male Christian)?
your 100% correct IMO the problem i believe is in part that this nation took in alot of religions that are aggressively anti-Jesus Christ & attack Christians at every chance, if we say 1 word in self-defence immediately we are labelled "racist" using "hate speech" these leftist creatures have mastered the use of the victim card & race card to villify & silence those they target as enemies.

obamanation is communist believer & just like Stalin b4 him hes training the jackboot thugs eyes on the Christian families

·
Registered
951 Posts

I guess its kind of hard to be tolerant of one group without pissing off another group. No one wants to find a happy medium where politics and religion is concerned it seems.

Maybe you see things I dont but I really haven't been witness to the Christian faith being mocked or blasphemed against.

Friend of my wife's happens to be Jewish...........All the Christians around our area we know have told her she is going to burn in hell and she is wrong for not be a Christian.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I guess its kind of hard to be tolerant of one group without pissing off another group. No one wants to find a happy medium where politics and religion is concerned it seems.

Maybe you see things I dont but I really haven't been witness to the Christian faith being mocked or blasphemed against.

Friend of my wife's happens to be Jewish...........All the Christians around our area we know have told her she is going to burn in hell and she is wrong for not be a Christian.
You don't see it ok to remove the 10 Commandments from the courthouses? Yet, if someone wanted to put a Torah, or a Quran up there, nobody would be able to say shit, b/c that would be called being "intolerant of others"...

This country has become overrun with too many progressives, liberals, and imports. Yes, I am referring to the illegal immigrants that we (as tolerant America), for some reason, don't deem ok to deport their asses back to wherever the f*** they came from...

If you are in this country legally....Good for you. You are an upstanding person, and pay your taxes. If not, you should be kicked to the curb and on a boat headed back to where you are from.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You don't see it ok to remove the 10 Commandments from the courthouses? Yet, if someone wanted to put a Torah, or a Quran up there, nobody would be able to say shit, b/c that would be called being "intolerant of others"...
I do see it as being OK to remove the 10 commandments just simply so no one else can say well I want something from my religion up there. If you cant have one then you cant have the other so yeah I see it as ok in that aspect.

If you are in this country legally....Good for you. You are an upstanding person, and pay your taxes. If not, you should be kicked to the curb and on a boat headed back to where you are from.
On that we are in total agreement.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I guess its kind of hard to be tolerant of one group without pissing off another group.
Actually it isn't at all. "Tolerance" should be the idea that two people can absolutely disagree and still allow the other their given freedoms and fundamental rights. It should not be that everyone views everyone else's opinions as equally valid. I understand that anyone has a right to believe what they want to believe. I have the same right to believe they are wrong.

It's sad that people are so thin-skinned that they can't "tolerate" a contrary belief. If one doesn't believe in my God, how are they harmed by what I think He might say of their fate?

. . . No one wants to find a happy medium where politics and religion is concerned it seems.
It because there is no happy medium. It is the nature of the subject. If I hold the Bible to be true, I can't just change or ignore what I want so we all get along. If I did that, I really wouldn't believe anything at all, would I?

All of them? Really? That's sad.

But I would ask: If she doesn't believe what they say (and obviously she doesn't or she wouldn't be Jewish) how is that harming her? From her point of view, how it is any different than the people standing on the corner with signs reading that the world is ending next Tuesday?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Actually it isn't at all. "Tolerance" should be the idea that two people can absolutely disagree and still allow the other their given freedoms and fundamental rights. It should not be that everyone views everyone else's opinions as equally valid. I understand that anyone has a right to believe what they want to believe. I have the same right to believe they are wrong.
And they have the same equal right to believe that you are wrong, correct?

It's sad that people are so thin-skinned that they can't "tolerate" a contrary belief.
I couldnt agree more.

It because there is no happy medium. It is the nature of the subject. If I hold the Bible to be true, I can't just change or ignore what I want so we all get along. If I did that, I really wouldn't believe anything at all, would I ?
The other person may feel just as strongly about their chosen belief system. Every one cant be right. What you believe may in fact be totally wrong but so could the other person. I am simply suggesting that a different opinion should be respected.

All of them? Really? That's sad.

But I would ask: If she doesn't believe what they say (and obviously she doesn't or she wouldn't be Jewish) how is that harming her? From her point of view, how it is any different than the people standing on the corner with signs reading that the world is ending next Tuesday?
Because the majority around here get in your face about it and she has lost friends over the fact that she is Jewish.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
And they have the same equal right to believe that you are wrong, correct?
Of course. Belief is a very personal thing - perhaps THE most personal thing there is. There is no way to impose a belief set on someone no matter what the circumstances.

The other person may feel just as strongly about their chosen belief system. Every one cant be right. What you believe may in fact be totally wrong but so could the other person. I am simply suggesting that a different opinion should be respected.
I certainly hope that they feel as strongly as I do. Otherwise, they don't have a lot of conviction. And, you are absolutely correct that everyone can't be right. That's part of my problem with modern "tolerance" theory. It does seem to want to force the notion that all points of view are equally valid. That notion should be offensive to anyone of even the slightest intellect as it is essentially dismissing everyone's beliefs equally.

I do not think that I have any obligation to respect a different opinion. I do have an obligation to treat the PERSON with respect. By that I mean they should enjoy all the same peace, joy, rights, privileges and opportunities that I enjoy.

. . . she has lost friends over the fact that she is Jewish.
Sounds like she is better off without them!!

BTW, I grew up in the Knoxville area, and still return there several times a year. I have many, many friends and family there nearly all of whom are Christians, and I have seen the sort of attitude you describe only a handful of times. I know many who can get their noses bent quickly about certain subjects (like abortion for example) but nearly all I know are kind-hearted as can be to people.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I do not think that I have any obligation to respect a different opinion. I do have an obligation to treat the PERSON with respect. By that I mean they should enjoy all the same peace, joy, rights, privileges and opportunities that I enjoy.
And that is what is missing from many today.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts