Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I know many people with those. I don't know anything about how to install them but I know none of my friends have leaking problems

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
My riding buddy and cousin has that installed on his springer. It has a great custom look. He likes it but you do have to have some patience because it doesn't always "pop up" on the first try. So I would give it an "A" for looks but a "C" for function So it's a personal call on buying it.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I like the look, my stock cap has been dropped once, so it has some gravel rash on it, and it wasn't a top quality look to begin with.

I'm more hesitant to live with the series of leds for the fuel level indicator, I rather like the constant display of the analog needle gauge.

·
Steve
262 Posts
A friend of mine put them on his SE Fatboy. They look good and work well. No leaks and the led fuel level indicator is cool.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
A friend of mine has them on his Road Glide. No leaks and give the bike a touch of class. That's my opinion and opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they all smell.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine has them on his Road Glide. No leaks and give the bike a touch of class. That's my opinion and opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they all smell.
Yeah, but I'm asking for yours. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
A friend of mine has them on his Road Glide.
I really don't think he has them on a Road Glide, since the gas cap is under the cover in the center console and the fuel gauge is in the fairing.

Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone installed these?
Do they work well? Do they leak?

PN 62823-06
I've installed 2 sets of these for people, and they work great. No leaks, looks great, and the install is pretty simple.

Kuryakyn also makes a set similar to these and also include a battery voltage gauge..........but are not flush mount.

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
they are cool indeed

I have them on my wife's '07 Road Queen (that's a Road King Custom with my wife's butt in the saddle).
No leaks.
7 LED's (I calculate each one means about 23 miles to me).
Lot's of nice comments.
When turned off, the fuel gauge is just chrome. My wife can fix her hair in it.
Highly recommended.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have them on my wife's '07 Road Queen (that's a Road King Custom with my wife's butt in the saddle).
No leaks.
7 LED's (I calculate each one means about 23 miles to me).
Lot's of nice comments.
When turned off, the fuel gauge is just chrome. My wife can fix her hair in it.
Highly recommended.
Nice review. Thanks!
My Queen is a Classic.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks Great but....

I have these caps installed on my 07 Road King Custom. They do give a great look however after washing my bike the first time the LED's starting shorting out. Some times they work and sometimes they dont. A friend of mine has gone through his third pair of these caps and he still has issues with the LEDS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
led on 99 road king, will it work?

Will the HD led flush mount fuel gauge work on a 99 RK?
It has the old style with the float sensor in the tank.
could you wire it the same way or do you have to modify it, and how would you do it? has any one done this?

·
Registered
40,783 Posts
Will the HD led flush mount fuel gauge work on a 99 RK?
It has the old style with the float sensor in the tank.
could you wire it the same way or do you have to modify it, and how would you do it? has any one done this?
Yup, they'll work.

I put the black flush mount cap/gauge on my '05 FXSTB

20130810_172415.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
fuel gauge wiring

The problem I'm having is I can't get it to pop back up to do the wiring.
How do you wire it to the float sensor, and then to the power under the tank. The new gauge has for wires to the connector and mine has two. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40,783 Posts
Looks like they changed the float/gauge design starting in 2001, so it looks like the one you have won't work on your bike.

The extra wire is for EFI models, not used on carb models.
Pin 1 Orange - Power
Pin 2 Yellow - Signal
Pin 3
Pin 4 Black - Ground

1 - 20 of 23 Posts